New York Firearms Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok I have my NY CCW. I am looking to get a non-resident CCW in PA, but I don't have a clue how to begin the process. I believe it would be easiest to apply in Erie County (PA) and I found this website that has the application:

Welcome to Erie County, Pennsylvania

I also found this website with the address:

Erie County - Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association

So, do I just send the completed application, with a $19 money order, and a copy of my NY CCW?

What about fingerprints etc?

Do I have to go there in person?

Any help would be appreciated.

Got mine in PA down in Centre County. In and out of the sheriff's office in 15 min. It was a short application, picture taken and listed a few references (which they never actually called), and I walked out with a permit.
Some counties in PA won't give you a non resident permit if you don't have an unrestricted one from your home State, however Centre County PA gave me one even with a resteicted permit from NY, they said it wasn't an issue.

Best call before you go to make sure nothing has changed since I was there.
Centre County Sheriffs dept 814-355-6803

Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good friend of mine who's not on this forum but is on several others, got his PA CCW in ridiculously fast timing. He already has a NYS Full Carry CCW. Submitted his paper application to Lycoming County PA Sheriff's Office by overnight postal mail on a Tues. They received his application next day Wed AND called him SAME DAY to ask when he wanted to come in to pick up his CCW License. He said he was vacationing in the area and could go in same day (Wed), they said fine and told him to come. He went in, said the place was deserted. They had to shout out to him to get his attention in this huge community center sized room and tell him to come over to the corner where they were, lol. So he says he walked over, gave his name, the lady said she was the one who called him, took his money ($22), snapped a quick picture, printed his license, and said Goodbye. Never called any of his references and this all happened over a month ago. Total time there maybe 5 mins he said, possibly even less. Ahhhh.... now that's the way it should go in NYS! (Yeah I know, ain't never happenin'...ugh)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts