New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I went last week to Montrose and was told the same. Really nice guys and were sorry, but they were getting so many NY people over that they didn't have time to process their own. I went over to Wayne county and they were great. They took my app and $5. The only drawback is I have to go back there to pick it up when it's ready, but it's a nice ride down there so no complaints.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
My advice is to apply anyway and see if they have the balls to deny you. They know damn well that what they are doing is illegal.

(Of course, it's much easier to go to another county that will accept non-res applications).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just like in NY, things vary county by county in PA. Some counties outright refuse to issue a non-resident ccw license, some counties will refuse to issue non resident ccw to NY restricted permit holders and some counties (such as Centre County) will issue ccw to everyone, including NY restricted permit holders.Check this chart to find the closest non-resident friendly county. If you have a restricted permit, call to find out if they will issue you a ccw.

It is interesting that they never contacted any of my references. Not on my initial application five years ago, and not on the renewal I just completed a couple of weeks ago. They did do a NICS check on my renewal while I waited and I was out the door with license in hand in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an additional couple of questions. I received a PA firearms permit about 4 years ago, and have misplaced it. I was intending on letting it expire because I also have a Utah non-resident permit which has reciprocity with PA, and PA was requiring renewal in person.

Two questions: Should I renew a PA permit if I already have Utah? If I do renew, do I have to renew in the county that I previously had been granted a permit in (Centre), or can I renew in a closer or more traveled county?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get your Pa License reinstated or dont let it expire. Utah only from i know has resaprisity with PA if you are a resident of Utah . Otherwise everyone would get a utah license an believe they have resaprosity in 35 or so states. Thats not the case. Sorry for the spelling errors. Be well . Cookie Bronx Ny

·
Registered
270 Posts
Get your Pa License reinstated or dont let it expire. Utah only from i know has resaprisity with PA if you are a resident of Utah . Otherwise everyone would get a utah license an believe they have resaprosity in 35 or so states. Thats not the case. Sorry for the spelling errors. Be well . Cookie Bronx Ny
New York residents must go in person to a county in Pennsylvania and obtain a LTC. Centre County is done in one trip. Other Counties will not honor a restricted concealed carry. Must be Unrestricted!
Pennsylvania requires two Character References.

·
Registered
333 Posts
apply online to Honesdale (wayne county) sherrifs dept, they turned mine around in under a day. Applied sunday afternoon, got an email monday morning to come get it. They never even bothered to call my references.

·
Registered
270 Posts
apply online to Honesdale (wayne county) sherrifs dept, they turned mine around in under a day. Applied sunday afternoon, got an email monday morning to come get it. They never even bothered to call my references.
I heard recently that the Sheriff stopped issuing to restricted New York pistol licenses. One of my friends who hunts my property used me as a reference. I received the letter from Wayne County and Faxed it over to the office. He had it in 3 weeks. This was over a year ago, when they started the online application. When you renew the LTC, no character references required!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts