New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe that obama has granted pay raises to senators, congress, supreme court. Imo I think they should be given a 75% decrease in pay, doing nothing should require little pay at all, I say minimum wage would be just about right. There is no way Biden is worth $231,900 a year.

· Registered
55 Posts
I wouldn't want the job any of them have,but I also dont think they deserve a raise.With all the BS that they do right up to the last minute and make us all worried to death whats going to happen they need to be held accountable.I don't know about you but I haven't had a raise in almost 5 years because of the frickin economy so why should they?!!

· Registered
5,425 Posts
Well, they ARE serving our country, weather we think it or not, but with that being said I think that they should use the military pay scale, with most of the politicians being E3 or E4, and not having the ability to vote their own raises in.

· Registered
3,423 Posts
Already thread on this ;) - http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/la...-block-obamas-congressional-pay-increase.html

Dem Representative Moves to Block Obama's Congressional Pay Increase | The Weekly Standard

"... Here's the letter Barrow is circulating to send to House leadership:

Dear Speaker Boehner, Leader Cantor, Leader Pelosi, Whip Hoyer,

We oppose the pay increase for Members of Congress granted by Executive Order on December 27, 2012. The Executive Order would raise our salaries by $900 per year, beginning March 27, 2013.

We believe that it is inappropriate for Members of Congress to receive a pay increase of any size while American families and taxpayers continue to face tough economic times.

We urge you to bring legislation to the floor to stop this pay adjustment as soon as possible..."

Dem Representative Moves to Block Obama's Congressional Pay Increase | The Weekly Standard

· Registered
948 Posts
I cannot believe that obama has granted pay raises to senators, congress, supreme court. Imo I think they should be given a 75% decrease in pay, doing nothing should require little pay at all, I say minimum wage would be just about right. There is no way Biden is worth $231,900 a year.
Obuthead cannot grant raises to anyone. That is a function of congress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.