New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to join Pathfinder since its 5 minutes from my house. I'm already a member at Otisco and North Sportsman's Club.
On the application it says you have to be Range Officer Certified.

Can any members help explain how they certify you? Is it a quick talk or a class you have to sit through?

Any other info anyone has is appreciated. I searched it on the forum here but it hasn't been discussed in a while. Looks like a very nice and clean range.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
When you sign up, they ask you five easy questions and then bam, you're a range officer. It's takes all of three minutes.

I'm a member there and I love it! You should def sign up. I only wish it were closer to where I live.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went down and joined. They were shooting trap/skeet so I got my card right away.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Is that Pathfinder Fish & Game. Love those guys, I am shooting at the GSSF next weekend there with my wife. Those guys were probably the friendliest, most helpful people at a gun club that I have met. They helped my wife immensely last year at her first competition and were loads of fun matching her and I against each other. Can't wait to see them again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just got this message from pathfinder:

Priority msg from the Club;

To all members and guest using the ranges.

The club has had a misfortune on our pistol bay. Someone managed to let a bullet fly over the berm and hill to impact a house on Muller Rd. This only happens when you are not in control of your gun. Do not start in the raised position then drop down on your target with your finger on the trigger. We are looking at ways to be able to prevent this but still need our members to be safe. Remember, safety glasses, hearing protection, aiming point and turning in your envelope when finished at the range.

Please be careful. Fortunately nobody was hurt in this incident. We don't need to give the anti's a reason to start attacking ranges too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts