New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
seriously? How many times does something like this have to happen before people get a clue about common sense safety.

always, ALWAYS open the action on any firearm to check and make sure it's clear?

Unfreakingbelievable:stupid::bang::bang:

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Tragic for the girl's family. Most do not survive a shot to the head. I would guess at some point in the near future that charges will be filed.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
It's too bad that there are a lot of people that will fight and scream about their rights when someone mentions that you should have training before you can get a gun. Tragedies like this have a better chance of being avoided with just a simple safety class or some sort of instruction.

My thoughts and prayers are with the pastor and his family. I hope that charges are levied against that moron that couldn't be bothered to make sure the handgun was safe.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I hope the guy is charged. Stupid mistake was made and a life was lost. If they had just followed the simple safety rules then this would of never happened.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's too bad that there are a lot of people that will fight and scream about their rights when someone mentions that you should have training before you can get a gun. Tragedies like this have a better chance of being avoided with just a simple safety class or some sort of instruction.

My thoughts and prayers are with the pastor and his family. I hope that charges are levied against that moron that couldn't be bothered to make sure the handgun was safe.
I just rec. a letter from the DEC thanking us for the safest year on record . (hunting) this is due to hunter safty instruction. You must take a test to get a drivers lic., why not a CLASS just a damm CLASS to own a gun?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Very tragic indeed.

"Zambrana reportedly removed the magazine from the Ruger 9mm weapon but did not know that a round was still in the chamber. The gun went off, firing a bullet through a wall."

Guns don't just go off as we all know. I have been reading up on this and it looks like the guy that shot her was the church security guard. A training class can't fix stupidity. For all we know he had a class if he had a CCW permit in FL. Some people should just not own guns plain and simple. It's a right but not everyone should exercise it. This clown violated about every safety rule in the book! I'm all for required safety classes, I just don't think it would have mattered in this case. He had the muzzle in an unsafe direction and pulled the trigger of a loaded gun (in a church of all places). Zero common sense. The guy that was going to buy the gun was the girls fiance. Just a tragic case.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts

The guy WAS trained, which makes it much worse. The pastor, girl's father, does not want any charges filed against the shooter. Prayers sent to God above for that girl and her family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts