New York Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I agree that the suit most probably can't win, but these days who the ef knows. I would bet the lawyers know this too, so their motivation must be to fume up the anti-gun agenda. Lawyers do not work for nothing. Knowing there is not going to be a slice of a huge award for their clients, who is paying them?!?!
Robin

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think we may have missed the point. The article indicated that they are looking to sue the Town, School District, the Lanza estate, and Lanza's homeowners insurance company. They are discussing the gun maker, but it was referenced in the article that that was likely a non-starter.

These suits would lay out point by point HOW the gun free zones are not effective. Imagine the Brady Campaign, Everytown, and Moms filing a brief telling the Newtown parents that the GFZs worked as intended and that without them it would be worse. This is just a case of liberals getting a dose of reality and eating their own. The estate is not worth a penny and already given to the town, and the home owners insurance company will probably not pay based on no proof of negligence unless his mom left it in a closet unsecured. Besides, the policy will only pay to the amount of the policy coverage, and splitting that x number of way less a cut for the lawyers would not amount to much. The real bucks will be suing the municipality and school.

This is great in my opinion. They are basically saying that they are suing the GUN FREE ZONE people for the wrongful death of their kids. Basically the gun control policy IS the reason they died. How ironic!!! I hope they do succeed and then set a precedence that anytime someone is denied the right to carry their lawful arms they will be responsible if anything bad happens.

Watch Target change their statement from "Please leave your guns at home" to "Please feel free to carry as we will not be responsible if you die in our store."
I like the possibility, I hope you're right.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
By the way, as far as "no suit without the client", it's true but the folks don't always seek out the lawyers. Sometimes the lawyers come knocking.

My father in law had a car accident in which his wife was gravely injured but survived.
He passed away from other causes a year later.
About a year after that, a family friend/lawyer called on her in person at her home (she being fully recovered at that point) and convinced her to sue her "husband's estate" (the insurance company).
The payout - a hundred grand.

The lawyer got a cool fifty G's from that.
But it was nice of him to be so concerned about her....

Got a feeling the lawyers in this case are endowed with similar humane motivations.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
when anyone asks about the shooting from an investigative standpoint there seems to be a threat to arrest . Would this lawsuit blow everything wide open that has been suppressed from day one . ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
when anyone asks about the shooting from an investigative standpoint there seems to be a threat to arrest . Would this lawsuit blow everything wide open that has been suppressed from day one . ?
Lets hope so.

·
Registered
324 Posts
mabey the parents want to come foreward with the truth that it was a drill, and with the lawsuit all evidence will need to be entered in nd we will al know the truth.

glass half full

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
The Sandy Hook Massacre: Unanswered Questions and Missing Information « Memory Hole
Often quoted yet seldom read, this article was written ten days after the December 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.-JT, 4-12-13.
More questions than answers.
Anomaly hunting claptrap. More questions than answers? Bull****. It's some guy who wants to think he's special JAQing off to himself on the internet ("just asking questions"). No chaotic event is perfectly cataloged by humans. It doesn't make every discrepancy evidence for some massive conspiracy theory that has no evidence of its own.
"Breaching the school's security system in such a way would have likely triggered some automatic alert of school personnel."
Uh, yeah. Some random dude can run across the yard and through the front door of the White House unimpeded and this nitwit thinks its suspicious that schools aren't set up like NORAD. Conspiracy theorists like him would never let a 'official' story make such a dubious and unexamined claim.

As to the OP story... ka-ching! We'll make the guilty parties pay for what happened to our families! Oh, the guilty parties are dead? Well... we'll make SOMEONE pay!

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
That's the way to look at all the facts objectively. Your decision has been made and you dismiss any other notion as false based on what?

No chaotic event is perfectly cataloged by humans. It doesn't make every discrepancy evidence for some massive conspiracy theory that has no evidence of its own.
No evidence? LOL . At least consider the facts . If you would only actually look at the facts with an unbiased eye you would see there is plenty of evidence of some type of cover up .

Eric Holders name is all over this mess .

Im not saying I know what happened, I don't. Im saying the story they told us is in conflict with the facts of the case. there is no doubt about it.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I really can't blame the parents. After the unimaginable loss they suffered their heads are not on straight anymore.
Bull****. They should point their anger towards mental health. God forbid that was my child in the school, I would not hold gun manufacturers or law abiding gun owners responsible. NO EXCUSES for emotional thinking and logic. Their anger is misdirected. If I own a firearm made by a manufacturer they are suing, they wouldn't be suing anyone on my behalf because I am law abiding and haven't killed anyone. Same manufacturer, same product, no need for a law suit. Hey, Newtown parents, it isn't the manufacturer or the gun. IT IS THE INDIVIDUAL! I have been done feeling bad for them a long time ago when they started pulling this ****.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Did the September 11 victims sued Boeing? No, because even in the land of the law suits this would be ridiculous.
This suit will not fly. however they should start law suits against the state and school districts for having gun free zones that are totally unsecured environments and an absurd antigun radical idea. Not only they do not provide the security measures to protect children but on top deny the right
for citizens to effectively defend themselves.
This is where the law suits should go. Nothing will stop a mad man to using any tools, vehicles, firearms, airplanes, gasoline or whatever they come up with
schemes with the intention to hurt other people.

Bushmaster will not settle although they are from the same group that owns DPMS and Remington and their executive goons are known to do some very stupid things.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
That's the way to look at all the facts objectively. Your decision has been made and you dismiss any other notion as false based on what?
Yeah, just like I dismiss the notion that planes release chemtrails for mind-control. Just like I dismiss the notion of lizard shapeshifters taking control of our government. These are also the sort of theories that people who think they're special and enlightened put out there with similar levels of evidence.

Maybe I believe the official account because it has a massive amount of actual evidence in the form of forensics and eyewitness testimony, not just some internet dweller thinking a timestamp on google he found while eating cheetos means the whole thing was a sham. Maybe it's partly because I know damn well that the hundreds of police, paramedics and other responders (most of whom are parents, many of whom are fun owners) would never be complicit in any conspiracy involving the deaths of kids like this- which would need to happen for such a conspiracy to exist.

No evidence? LOL . At least consider the facts . If you would only actually look at the facts with an unbiased eye you would see there is plenty of evidence of some type of cover up .
Facts? What "facts"? Here's a moment to shine: what "facts" point to anything other than that little psycho killing his mom, taking her gun and shooting a bunch of kids at school? Because unless that didn't happen, this is pointless.

Eric Holders name is all over this mess .
It's all over his office door, too. Maybe it's not real mahogany?

Im not saying I know what happened, I don't. Im saying the story they told us is in conflict with the facts of the case. there is no doubt about it.
Ah, here we go. JAQing off again. Get back to me when you have a theory for what happened. But then you'd have to face the "fact" that your theory would have to stand up to the same level of scrutiny or it would be disregarded. So let's not bother.

I really can't stand this ****. I can deal with pseudo-science, people thinking fluoride is a government plot, or that we didn't go to the moon. But I am disgusted by the vultures that play their little mental masturbation games with dead kids.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
But I am disgusted by the vultures that play their little mental masturbation games with dead kids.
Yeah, almost as disgusting as trying to equate rational disbelief of a false narrative with faking the moon landing.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Yeah, almost as disgusting as trying to equate rational disbelief of a false narrative with faking the moon landing.
While moon landing deniers would also say they have a rational disbelief of a false narrative I do not equate the two. Sandyhook deniers are much worse.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Remember when there were questions about the moon landing, so the government demolished the moon and gave Buzz Aldrin a gag order?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Bull****. They should point their anger towards mental health. God forbid that was my child in the school, I would not hold gun manufacturers or law abiding gun owners responsible. NO EXCUSES for emotional thinking and logic. Their anger is misdirected. If I own a firearm made by a manufacturer they are suing, they wouldn't be suing anyone on my behalf because I am law abiding and haven't killed anyone. Same manufacturer, same product, no need for a law suit. Hey, Newtown parents, it isn't the manufacturer or the gun. IT IS THE INDIVIDUAL! I have been done feeling bad for them a long time ago when they started pulling this ****.
I agree that their anger is misdirected. Who do you think is leading them in their actions. I think it is the lawyers.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Remember when there were questions about the moon landing, so the government demolished the moon and gave Buzz Aldrin a gag order?
...and when they released all of the "state secret" files as promised when the 50 years passed since Oswald shot JFK?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
That was my thinking too: no hiding behind press secretaries or spokesmen- in the courtroom perjury is a crime.

.....The payout - a hundred grand.

The lawyer got a cool fifty G's from that.
But it was nice of him to be so concerned about her....

Got a feeling the lawyers in this case are endowed with similar humane motivations.
And because there is NO WAY IN HELL Obama, Holder, Cuomo, Bloomberg and the rest of the SLUTS will ever let this be investigated or ever go to trial in an open court their lawyers will get every penny of the however-many-hundred-million they ask/sue for -not one penny less- under the "confidential terms" of the settlement.

Brilliant actually. I wish I was their attorney!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts