New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my palmetto "complete" upper in the mail today. I ordered it with the Midwest SS 12 G2 handguard which was supposed to be over a low-pro gas block, fully configured and ready to go out of the box as the representative from PSA told me on the phone before I ordered it. that being the case...I ordered it with the muzzle break pinned and welded as i live in New York State and those are the rules.
Well.. they sent it to me in the basic configuration as they offer it on the website(plastic handguard and Aframe front sight) NOT the specific configuration i ordered. what they DID do is Pin and weld the the muzzle brake making it impossible to put on the SS 12 handguard they sent to me separate in a plastic package. I called them before I ordered it to make sure that it would come exactly as I had ordered it and none of this retarded stuff that anyone with half a brain especially a gunsmith putting together uppers like this every day for a living would know about. Aren't these guys supposed to be professionals?... how the hell do you send something out with an unassembled handguard that could never possibly be put on since they welded the muzzle break???
okay I'm done venting... Anyone have experience dealing with these PSA guys? bpipe95 warned me that they often do not put things together the way they're supposed to. But I didn't think they would send something out that is completely out of whack and unfixable.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Wow looks like you got a mess.Pinning the brake is a big pain in the butt,NY sucks and its stupidity for having that law.Well I guess you just educated some of us what not to do when ordering from there.I have a PSA but bought it here,guess that shows ya you might as well wait for something already NY legal (put together) and buy it from sight/pics.Cant trust anyone these days to do anything right it seems!

· R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts
Dremel cut off the Delta ring and then cut down the FSB to be just a gas block and put on your rail. Assuming it attaches to a standard barrel nut. So it is fixable. Too bad about your poor experience. PSA has reputation fo screwing up stuff like this. Why I just buy parts from them now and build my own uppers.

· Registered
914 Posts
I hear nothing but bad things about them. But the one time I used them I have the smoothest transaction ever with them. Call em up and get a new one and ask for a credit or some $$ back since you have to ship the wrong one back. Maybe they will make everything right?

· Registered
528 Posts
I've never done any business with them, but I would call them before dremeling anything. Leave the handguard in the package too.

But before you call them, take a photo of what you received and be ready to email it to the rep, right there while you're on the phone.

Again, I don't know how their operation works, but It's possible that the person you talk to is just a minimum wage CSR and doesn't know jack about ARs. The pics will help solidify your case (that, and the fact that you went to the trouble of taking them and having them ready for the call)--sometimes it's just different when you can see it yourself instead of just being told about it over the phone.

5,479 Posts
They have had a lot of growing pains and have a lot of inexperienced, poorly trained people there now. It's become kind of a crap shoot on how your order will come to you. Of course first I would try to get a return label from them and send it back. If not, it's Dremel time!

On the "other" Rochester based AR rifle website, Palmetto's forum states that for service contact:

"If you have an issue with your order, please email customer support @[email protected] and include your order number and a description of the problem . "

They go on to say that the calls to them go to a call center and basically the person answering will know nothing.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spoke to someone at their assembly shop. He went in the back where they assemble them and spoke directly to an assembler. who confirmed it would be in full configuration with a lo-pro gas block under the handguard.it took me 4days of calling to get a live person on the phone.
I left a voice message and e-mailed them right after opening the box, hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow.

· I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,648 Posts
yeah, that's what it is, they are growing too fast for their own good in some ways. you won't ever actually talk to someone that knows anything when you call there. been there done that.

my story is quite similar to yours in a lot of ways, right down to the handguard i ordered! from this summer I ordered about what you did.
the package comes, i'm excited, i open it up and like you it was a standard upper without anything done to it that I had ordered. in fact, i didn't even have the handguard, it was apparently backordered so they just sent their standard upper. ugh.
BUT, with Jeff and Bpipe help i got it exactly how i wanted it :) would have saved me some money if they just sent what i fricken ordered though!

1,648 Posts
haha yeah, and did a nice job too :)

now i see all these sales they have daily on uppers and it kills me because i really want to order another hahaha
even though it was a pain, i love the thing ..

1,648 Posts
good luck, hope it works out for ya. they do always atleast seem eager to make their clients happy, once you talk to someone.
there's just a big disconnect from their sales/ordering staff and their assembly staff.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. At least they got back to me quickly and sent me a shipping label ASAP and seemed eager to fix the problem. I have it all boxed up with a note in there as well as emailed to the service rep explaining everything in ridiculously Meticulus detail. there's no way they can screw this up this time, unless of course their screw ups.

· Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a non ban compliant upper from PK firearms it has an a2 flash hider on it, I then ordered a YMH Phantom comp/break from JSE surplus. I then googled local gunsmiths and found 1 that will remove the A2 suppressor and pin/weld the Phantom on for me for 40.00. it is legal to have/own a pre ban upper in ny Just DO NOT put it on a post ban lower!!! if you do you can get in lots of trouble. as for my lower that I intend to use on the gun I have it partly assembled with no buffer /stock assembly on it so there is no chance of an "intent to assemble" charge.

· Registered
914 Posts
I ordered a non ban compliant upper from PK firearms it has an a2 flash hider on it, I then ordered a YMH Phantom comp/break from JSE surplus. I then googled local gunsmiths and found 1 that will remove the A2 suppressor and pin/weld the Phantom on for me for 40.00. it is legal to have/own a pre ban upper in ny Just DO NOT put it on a post ban lower!!! if you do you can get in lots of trouble. as for my lower that I intend to use on the gun I have it partly assembled with no buffer /stock assembly on it so there is no chance of an "intent to assemble" charge.
you will be fine. just dont leave with both your lower and preban config upper at the same time if you have to take them somewhere.

· Registered
4 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad experience w/ PSA. Normally they're very good to deal with. Their C.S. sometimes is a hit or miss. I suggest you speak to the rep on arfcom. He is always on the ball when it comes to errors and mistakes.

5,479 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad experience w/ PSA. Normally they're very good to deal with. Their C.S. sometimes is a hit or miss. I suggest you speak to the rep on arfcom. He is always on the ball when it comes to errors and mistakes.
Palmetto never makes mistakes on arfcom. Any posting of complaints results in your post being edited and possibly deleted. (PSA moderates and controls their industry forum there.) It's a real low life move to never allow the showing of any criticism IMO.

· Registered
4 Posts
from my limited time there, yes alot of the complaints are locked but only after there was a resolution (as far as the one's i've come across). But as far as getting the ball rolling and having their co. fix your problem, i've found arfcom the quickest and easiest to deal with. There are other sites i've posted in when problems arises, but rarely were they rectified in a timely manner --only on arfcom.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.