New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I head up to Lackawanna pa today with my wife and 3 family member so they can get the pa permit in one day and for $20.00 each .took about 1 1/2hr for all 4 of them and walked with there permit today they thought they will have to wait a few months to get it they didn't believe me it takes 20 min lol

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Whats close for us here in Ulster / Orange County to hit up for one day service now that our other non-resident permits are null and void in PA?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
The difference between PA and NY makes me wanna cry. A friend in PA got his CC in less than a week.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Whats close for us here in Ulster / Orange County to hit up for one day service now that our other non-resident permits are null and void in PA?
Head west on 84 to Scranton, probably an hour, hour and a 1/4 or so for you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Closest to you is Wayne co. But you have to wait three weeks or so for it. A little further in Lackawanna co. and it is immediate. Pike co. no longer does nonresident.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know ny has us by the bells and put restrictions.pa is easy even with restrictions on permit you get full ccw in pa I wish nj would do that as well

·
Registered
506 Posts
The difference between PA and NY makes me wanna cry. A friend in PA got his CC in less than a week.
Wanna cry some more?......That's actually the difference between NY and pretty much the whole rest of the country let alone PA.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Wanna cry some more?......That's actually the difference between NY and pretty much the whole rest of the country let alone PA.
NY blows. Unfortunately with family, business etc my roots are too deep to get out of here. My only hope is to vote for a better environment.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
It should be like in Vermont, no permit needed to carry concealed. If under the age of sixteen you need permission from a parent to carry concealed. They do offfer permints.
Check this out: /www.usacarry.com/vermont_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Arizona is another state that you can carry open or concealed with out a permit, I didn't look up the age restrictions. They to offer permits.

Here in Washington State no permit required to buy, sell, trade or to open carry. A conceal carry permit is required to conceal carry.

Pennsylvania is probably the easiest State in the Country to get an Out of State Full Carry Pistol Permit.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Head west on 84 to Scranton, probably an hour, hour and a 1/4 or so for you.
Yea I go to pa occasionally so I'm savvy on how to get the guess I'm looking for the exact spot to go to get it in a day that's close or at least get paperwork done in a day and then wait.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yea I go to pa occasionally so I'm savvy on how to get the guess I'm looking for the exact spot to go to get it in a day that's close or at least get paperwork done in a day and then wait.
Check the hours here: Sheriff's Office « Lackawanna County - lots of meter parking on the street surrounding the court house (the meters take credit cards)

Hop in the car, drive there, fill out form (two refs needed, I had two pa refs but others have reported having no problem using anyone as a ref), pay, get permit, enable your ability to cc in ~30 states, drive home with a smile on your face!

I actually did mine on a whim while driving upstate earlier this year, 30 minutes in and out. Very friendly officers.

·
Registered
554 Posts
What about Delaware county, ny? Which is the closest location?

·
Registered
316 Posts
So u don't have to be a pa resident to get there permit? I don't have any permits right now(still waiting on ny permit)
One needs to have their NY pistol permit (or other resident state permit) in order to obtain a PA non-resident permit. Wait until you have your NY permit before going to PA. You could get a Utah and/or Florida non-resident pistol permit without having a NY pisto permit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts