New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody get a Pennsylvania permit if you have an Erie county one? Hints as to procedure and difficulties?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Very easy. $25 I think and it arrived n my mail a few days later. I went to Erie Co. PA. No references were required. Handed in the form, had my photo taken and signed on a digital pad and that was it. Just look online as they hav changed some things with COVID-19. Might even be able to do it by mail now.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
They are only doing non-resident permits on Fridays now. You can mail in your application now but you must appear in person to pick it up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anybody get a Pennsylvania permit if you have an Erie county one? Hints as to procedure and difficulties?
Obtained my permit several years ago (went to Erie County Pa). Went to the court house presented my NYS permit, paid 20.00, had my picture taken and received my permit that day. The whole process took about a twenty minutes. Renewed my permit last month and the process was easier as no references were required. received my new permit immediately, whole process about 10 minutes! Just make sure you have an unrestricted permit from NY.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine early this past spring.

I live near Buffalo, so I checked the counties closest to me. McKean had an online application ( Pistol Permit Information ), so I went with them.

It took one business day for them to process the application, so I went down, had my picture taken, and received my permit on the spot. Very easy, took maybe 5 minutes once the officer on duty was available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts