New York Firearms Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
They don’t call, that said, if too much time goes by, it could mean they didn’t receive the character your references back. That’s why it’s best to have them emailed to the Sheriff’s office, rather than snail mail them back.
Yeah, my timeline got messed up with Wayne County by a lost character reference in the mail to my buddy. Getting a new one sent out to him.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, my timeline got messed up with Wayne County by a lost character reference in the mail to my buddy. Getting a new one sent out to him.
Once it’s received you will get the call, most likely the following day. It’s happened to several friends. The mail service here in NEPA is lacking in so many ways. Good Luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once it’s received you will get the call, most likely the following day. It’s happened to several friends. The mail service here in NEPA is lacking in so many ways. Good Luck.
Mail situation finally straightened out.
My buddy finally got the character reference sheet, filled it out and emailed it last night. This morning I got an email that my permit was approved.
So minus the mail situation and me not pushing, just letting it play out…..I would have had the permit a few weeks after I applied online.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts