New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, due to 'Rona, Lackawanna County will not renew my PA LTC.
Erie county might as well be on the moon with how far away it is, as well as Centre county, anyone else have a place closer to the Southern Tier of NY?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can apply on line in Wayne Co, for a PA LTCF. They say the process take 45 days, but if your character references come back, it’s more like 2 weeks If everything else is in order. You will need to pick it up at the courthouse in Honesdale, then have a nice lunch at a variety of places before you go back to Republic. Maybe even visit the Tommy Gun Shooting Range and other local gun shops.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can apply on line in Wayne Co, for a PA LTCF. They say the process take 45 days, but if your character references come back, it’s more like 2 weeks If everything else is in order. You will need to pick it up at the courthouse in Honesdale, then have a nice lunch at a variety of places before you go back to Republic. Maybe even visit the Tommy Gun Shooting Range and other local gun shops.
Honesdale is a nice place to visit, used to be a place to get German sausages there, dont know if they are still in business or not.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, due to 'Rona, Lackawanna County will not renew my PA LTC.
Erie county might as well be on the moon with how far away it is, as well as Centre county, anyone else have a place closer to the Southern Tier of NY?
Not sure where you live but I always go to Susquehanna.

·
Registered
157 Posts
"Well, due to 'Rona, Lackawanna County will not renew my PA LTC."
Just curious what this means...who or what is Rona??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Let's be clear: EVERY COUNTY in PA is required by law to accept and process non-resident LTCF applications. Said processing must be complete within 45 days and denials can only occur based on defined criteria. No statute exists that allows refusal of applications - coronavirus concerns are not an exception.

In other words, any county that refuses to accept your application is breaking the law. Five years ago, at my first LTCF renewal in Susquehanna County, they refused to accept my application. I consulted with an attorney and made it clear that I would take this to court if they didn't change their behavior. Within two weeks, I was invited back down to submit my application.

My suggestion is that everyone else do the same. Do not accept unlawful behavior just because it came from an LEO. Fight for your rights, even if they are in another state.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts