New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for my pistol permit and I'm scouting for semi. I'm liking the Sig P226 NAVy! Are they legal in NY? Can anyone help?? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sure, just going to need 10 Round Magazines. Should be good to go.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Not sure how that lines up to P220 but I just shot my brother-in-laws today. It shot great but was too big for my hands, and I'm not on the smaller side, lol. I couldn't even reach the decocking lever comfortably without changing handgrip. Very surprised at how big the grip was. Of course P226 could be totally different, I don't know. Just thought I say make sure you try it out, or at least hold it, before you purchase.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Take a look at the Mk25. I don't know what the significant differences are, but it sounds like it might be up your alley (is the issue weapon of the Navy SEALs).

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have handled a few Sigs but not the model I want. I have been trying to find a Sig 250 2sum to see and handle. No one seems to have them in stock. I liked the idea a having a full size and subcompact that sahred the same trigger assembly. two guns.....one permit addition.

the 226 was my second choice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scotchman, you are right! The MK25 is the one I'm after. When I served we were issued the Beretta 92. However, I'm really liking the MK25 and fits well in my hand. Shot It while a visited some frieds in little creek Virginia! What a blast!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Scotchman, you are right! The MK25 is the one I'm after. When I served we were issued the Beretta 92. However, I'm really liking the MK25 and fits well in my hand. Shot It while a visited some frieds in little creek Virginia! What a blast!
Check out this month's Guns and Ammos. They do a review of the Mk25 as well as the P938. According to them, the SEALs pushed for the Mk25 to win the M9 contract, and then when it didn't, bought them anyway because they didn't like the Beretta. I found that little bit of history to be pretty interesting.

I haven't seen a Mk25, but I held a P226 Enhanced Elite at Beikirch's. If God carried a gun, I think it might be that one.

·
Registered
561 Posts
You can get 15/20 round prebans too. I've got quite a few myself. I've even seen no name knock off "pre-ban" 30's too but I never bought any fearing reliability as well as legality issues. Any Sig especially a 226 will be a great gun for you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I carry a Sig 226 on duty and i will not trust my life with any other. Out of all the handguns ive hand fckd, the Sig is one of the best feeling in the hand, fits like a glove, accurate as hell, and wont malfunction. I plan to purchase a Sig 220 in the future to add a .45 to my signess :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
They should, i dont think they changed anything as far as the magazines go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts