New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...was @ my local Dick's a few weeks ago to check ammo availability, only rim-fire on the shelf was Fed 22LR bird-shot, Thought it over + went back yesterday to get some and was told there was a 3 box limit...a second salesman came along and said...that's shot-shell so I'll let you have 6...complained again that I wanted a brick (as they have a one box limit on regular 22lr bricks if they had them, why make me come back again?)...finally got the 10 box approval from yet another person (manager, ? not sure)...they still had about 3 doz boxes left, probably be there for a while as it's virtually useless in anything other than a smooth-bore...and with a very limited use even then. Never thought I'd see the day you had to beg to buy rim-fire [email protected] least it was @ a fair price...$12 / 50...

Also, stopped by Beikirchs' ER this past week...NO rim-fire there that day (they're even out of WRF) but they said they will have rim-fire available @ the grand opening of Hunter's Supply April 19 / 20...get there early, eh?...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
...was @ my local Dick's a few weeks ago to check ammo availability, only rim-fire on the shelf was Fed 22LR bird-shot, Thought it over + went back yesterday to get some and was told there was a 3 box limit...a second salesman came along and said...that's shot-shell so I'll let you have 6...complained again that I wanted a brick (as they have a one box limit on regular 22lr bricks if they had them, why make me come back again?)...finally got the 10 box approval from yet another person (manager, ? not sure)...they still had about 3 doz boxes left, probably be there for a while as it's virtually useless in anything other than a smooth-bore...and with a very limited use even then. Never thought I'd see the day you had to beg to buy rim-fire [email protected] least it was @ a fair price...$12 / 50...

Also, stopped by Beikirchs' ER this past week...NO rim-fire there that day (they're even out of WRF) but they said they will have rim-fire available @ the grand opening of Hunter's Supply April 19 / 20...get there early, eh?...
First what is hunter's supply and where is it opening?

Next the people at Dick's are dicks, I have been to 3 of the local dicks and their salespeople have acted rude, snotty and ****ty at all 3 what is up with that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dicks gets a lot of lookers not buyers due to store placement and product diversity. The salespeople are also probably sick of 5 months of being asked if they have any.22, .223, etc. I just go in and talk guns with them. Believe it or not, many of the gun counter guys actually DO like guns. I would prefer to deal with a true LGS, but Dicks is close to the house, and I have scored some ammo at only slightly inflated prices.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've never had any luck at Dicks even before all of this it's like they are all hiding and don't want to help you anyway........I'll spend my money at the small LGS's .......actually get some good service and hopefully help keep them open

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.