8:37 but I was done about 1/2 hour ago. Got front pads and rotors changed. Ran out of daylight, lol. Guess I'll tackle the rears next week...
Got alot done today though. Had a noticeable "tap" that I seemed to kick, lol. Through in a quart of "Marvel Mystery Oil" let it run about 1/2 hour and then did an oil change with full synthetic with a quart of Lucas additive. Definitely reduced/eliminated the "tap" I was hearing but now I hear a "tick", lol, that may be an injector. Flushed tranny and radiator and replaced fluids. Replaced grease in rear differential. Had the local "Valvoline" do all this just because they have the equipment.
Replaced wipers. Got it registered and inspected. Replaced front brakes. Foamed the engine and powerwashed it.
Just need to finish rear brakes and service transfer case. They didn't have the right oil for the transfer case or this would have been done today too.
Truck is in great shape for an '05. It might have to last a while, lol...
1) join Ford Truck Enthusiasts aka FTE I am on there as rsylvstr (I think). Awesome site.
2) if you have the 4.6 or 5.4 modular engine, the tick is normal.
3) best oil change and proven with lab tests is Motorcraft 5w30 semi synthetic blend and Motorcraft FL820s filter ("s" for silicone anti drain back valve). Both of these are available at walmart and they are an easy oil change. Verify engine and filter before following this advice.
4) if she has 90k or more on the clock, change your plugs so they don't blow out
5) these are infamous for exhaust manifold ticks also. If so, replace with shorty headers. I bought them and had my mechanic drop them in for me.
6) use RockAuto Parts Catalog for any and all parts you need.
I just replaced both hub assemblies (one bearing was bad), sway bar end links and rotors and pads. The PowerStop kit they carried was amazingly economical and received great reviews online. I am not into drilled and slotted rotors but bought them anyway
7) if you didn't join FTE by getting to #7, do it
I have a 2001 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 and love it. She has been good to me. If I didn't have to wait on the new 40" breaker bar and sockets I would've had the above done much faster.