New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just asked by my cousin to sell him my deer rifle (30-06 bolt action)
he lives in west Virginia and is coming up for my aunts wedding in 2 weeks
can he legaly buy a rifle in ny state and transport it back to wv?
would i have to personally ship to a ffl or have a ffl ship to ffl if he cant legally pick it up? ( i know no person to person outside of state lines)
can he buy it here and mail it to himself? (if he cant drive it back)

it would normally be cheaper to buy down there but im giving him a deal on it since he is family and its a family heirloom (kinda)
it was the old camps "kid " rifle for when one of us youngings went to camp to make us never wanna fire a gun again i think
its a beast of a store brand 3006 with a scope designed to leave marks, but most of us learned how to fire a rifle with it

if it needs to go through ffl anyone know any cheap ones in rome utica or whitesboro ?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
local purchase by out of state resident legally needs to be shipped by seller to a FFL in WV

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions

Since it's family, will anyone know if it was a monetary transaction or he just drove up to get a family heirloom?

Long guns are not required to be shipped out through an FFL as long as the FFL in WV is willing to accept the rifle that.
im only charging for the scope not the rifle, in actuality because its a family heirloom (im keeping original bleeding scope)
i dont remember firing the rifle much but i still have scars left by that old scope!

thanks man! firearm laws are confusing sometimes

also respectfully about the question in line3 after link , ill know. that's enough for me. too many guys in trouble for violating easy to follow laws and id prefer not to be one of them. i would never risk my collection to get my cousin a rifle no one is ever gonna fire again in its lifetime

1 - 3 of 3 Posts