New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent seen many people talking about Otsego. I found this PDF that seems to explain the process of applying, adding new firearms, and carry conditions. Its from the county website and I think really explains the situation well. Take from it what you will.

http://www.otsegocounty.com/depts/shf/documents/PPInstructionGuide.pdf

Those of you who have gone through the process could share your experience if youd like. I would be greatful to learn more about it as I start the process this summer.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I live in Otsego and have had my permit for quite a long time so my experience is a little dated. But the general observation was its relatively easy and does not take anywhere as long as many of the posts I see on here about other counties.

While mine is older the folks I know here in Otsego who have applied for and gotten their permits of the last couple years seem to be getting their permit back in about 90 (maybe slightly more) days after filing.
And I know the woman at the Sheriff's office who is primarily responsible for the admin side of the process and she is VERY conscientious and diligent so your experience with her will be very good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts