New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a possible Arson on the loose in case someone was out of the loop, 3 fires in Oneonta within 12 hours today, a brush fire in Schenevus, other small fires that didn't catch light all over the area hav been reported, Oneonta police are looking for information leading to an arrest - offering a 5000 dollar reward - but let's be honest, if it IS in fact some douche-bag setting peoples homes on fire we should do it reward or not.

On a side note if I look down out of my 3rd story window and see some guy pouring gasoline on the side of my apartment building and getting ready to light up, you guys think I could claim fear for my life and plug a bullet in his head? I wish it woulda happened already if this is in fact a person or people starting the fires, seems strange so many happened in 1 day.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
There is a possible Arson on the loose in case someone was out of the loop, 3 fires in Oneonta within 12 hours today, a brush fire in Schenevus, other small fires that didn't catch light all over the area hav been reported, Oneonta police are looking for information leading to an arrest - offering a 5000 dollar reward - but let's be honest, if it IS in fact some douche-bag setting peoples homes on fire we should do it reward or not.

On a side note if I look down out of my 3rd story window and see some guy pouring gasoline on the side of my apartment building and getting ready to light up, you guys think I could claim fear for my life and plug a bullet in his head? I wish it woulda happened already if this is in fact a person or people starting the fires, seems strange so many happened in 1 day.
Wow 3 fires in one day? wtf.? I hope they catch the person soon.

You do not really want a situation like that. but...
If that situation you described I would call 911 right away and tell them I am going downstairs quickly. I would scream the hole time so others could be alerted and get out in case the attacker actually started a fire. If they guy didn't back off and I felt someone was going to be hurt then I think my instinct would tell me what to do. I would be surprised the guy doesn't run away. I would scream.. The police is coming. I am armed and authorized to defend myself. Back off. I am ready to defend myself. Put the "gasoline" (or fire or whatever) down and back off or I will shoot. Repeat. Short loud firm sentences. Don't loose sight of his hands. keep your safe distance. This could be very nerve wrecking but one must stay focused and keep the finger away from the trigger if at this point you are drawn. some times people pull the trigger w/o wanting to pull the trigger. Give the guy a chance to backoff, run away and leave the rest to the police.
Most likely a person confronted with lethal force will backoff unless it is a possessed crack head and I always think how do you manage in this case. Keep 911 on the line for as long as you can in the speaker phone if you have one. Give them data of what you see so they can pass it along. most likely will dispatch firetrucks too.

Not sure everyone is different but one thing is clear. when that bullet leaves your barrel it has your name and your lawyers name on it.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
We had serial arsonist here and it turned out to be brothers just bored.They would ride around drunk/high and look for abandoned buildings and barns then come back at night and light them.They were doing this only a couple miles from my house in the hills where no one is around to see them.There mouth is the only reason they got caught and i think still in jail now,but only got a couple/few years.....Never know what they would of graduated up to if not caught though!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had serial arsonist here and it turned out to be brothers just bored.They would ride around drunk/high and look for abandoned buildings and barns then come back at night and light them.They were doing this only a couple miles from my house in the hills where no one is around to see them.There mouth is the only reason they got caught and i think still in jail now,but only got a couple/few years.....Never know what they would of graduated up to if not caught though!!!!!!
One of the buildings that burnt up was a law office, the 2 other were occupied houses as far as I know, these guys are ****in psycho if these events are not a coincidence (highly unlikely) they were also IN TOWN and damaged other building around it, some severely.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
One of the buildings that burnt up was a law office, the 2 other were occupied houses as far as I know, these guys are ****in psycho if these events are not a coincidence (highly unlikely) they were also IN TOWN and damaged other building around it, some severely.
Wow,they/he is on a mission to kill someone!!!!We had a case here that the arsonists burned a apartment building and killed 2 sisters.They never got caught but the prime suspects is in jail now for life after running over a guy and killing him and the other took a self-inflicted 22 caliber in the head...One a psycho and the other with a conscience!!!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow,they/he is on a mission to kill someone!!!!We had a case here that the arsonists burned a apartment building and killed 2 sisters.They never got caught but the prime suspects is in jail now for life after running over a guy and killing him and the other took a self-inflicted 22 caliber in the head...One a psycho and the other with a conscience!!!!
In jail for life = eating our tax money, they should just kill him too so we don't have to pay for him to pump iron and beat up corrections officers.

I hope that these guys get caught, as demerson said up there these areas were well populated, and they WILL kill someone if they keep up like this, it is only a matter of time. Considering where they were and no one reported anything yet is strange, perhaps Friday the 13th came a day late? Who knows, but if it is people I hope they get caught, or better yet I hope they accidentally burn themselves to death, instant ironic karma.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Dont know about your area but here its been pretty crazy!!!!Lots of people on bath salts and losing there minds.Been pulling there bodies out of the river and even one was arrested after he was laying down licking the yellow line on a 55 mph road...Not to mention all the idiots from down south coming up for the gas boom.One of them was just pulled out of the river naked a couple days ago,had to be bath salts again but no toxicology yet.The other guy swam to an island in January and froze to death after a bath salt party.County jail was just expanded like a year ago and now just recently reported they need to expand again WTF!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont know about your area but here its been pretty crazy!!!!Lots of people on bath salts and losing there minds.Been pulling there bodies out of the river and even one was arrested after he was laying down licking the yellow line on a 55 mph road...Not to mention all the idiots from down south coming up for the gas boom.One of them was just pulled out of the river naked a couple days ago,had to be bath salts again but no toxicology yet.The other guy swam to an island in January and froze to death after a bath salt party.County jail was just expanded like a year ago and now just recently reported they need to expand again WTF!!!!!!
Bath salts aren't too big a problem around here although it isn't unheard of, our problems here are Heroine and Painkillers (Oxycontin and **** like that) my area is probably quite a bit smaller then yours, that sounds like some crazy stuff up by you. Only thing that happened recently was some kid I went to highschool with, who hated me and who jumped me with his Dad in a parking lot (Neither one of them managed to hurt me and all the cops offered me was a restraining order so I didn't bother doing anything) got his door kicked in a got busted with 63 bags of Heroine haha, I love watching those kids you always knew were scumbags go down.

here is a link to the dooshe:

Otsego County man accused of selling heroin | NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Utica News, Weather, Sports - | Local News

back on topic I don't know, there were another 2 guys who were burning stuff up around here not too long ago, I'm all for fire and I'll admit I'm a pyro myself but seriously, don't hurt people or cause damage to things people use and care about in the process.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
No big town/area here,Binghamton is huge to us LOL...So bad with drugs we made it nationally as "Meth Valley" a few years back in that pandemic!!!!!World is going to crap and I dont think its getting or going to get any better I am sad to say....

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No big town/area here,Binghamton is huge to us LOL...So bad with drugs we made it nationally as "Meth Valley" a few years back in that pandemic!!!!!World is going to crap and I dont think its getting or going to get any better I am sad to say....
a Binghamton block would fit probably 2 "Cities" of Oneonta in it so yup we are looking at about the same type of town between us, mainstreet is a quarter mile long with half of the population on it? lol

Doesn't look like it's gonna get better you are right, Oneonta is also a College town, SUNY and Hartwick are located here, city kids come up here and pick fights with the "hillbillies" because they think we are scared of them, they bring up drugs, and gangs and being in a smaller area where our entire police force consists of about the same number of cop cars you would see in their cities Dunkin' Donuts parking lot on a lazy tuesday afternoon makes them feel safe, it isn't a good overall formula, and it's just one of the many reasons that I refuse to buy anything else until I get my gosh darn Pistol Permit paperwork sent in lol

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Wow ... I heard Zimmerman is looking for a new neighborhood to watch. ;) seriously though ... I hate hearing of crap like this and not too far from home.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
On a side note if I look down out of my 3rd story window and see some guy pouring gasoline on the side of my apartment building and getting ready to light up, you guys think I could claim fear for my life and plug a bullet in his head?
Yes, fire at will.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
more advice: and i wouldn't be posting my intentions online so someone can say it is premeditated....just a thought.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
more advice: and i wouldn't be posting my intentions online so someone can say it is premeditated....just a thought.
True but then all of us on here who carry for self defense purposes are "pre-meditated" in that manner, I'm not gonna go hunt him down I just am not gonna watch him light up the building that I live in. But thanx for the advice, I sure hope in the very small chance it could happen that this forum post doesnt condemn me lol

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
True but then all of us on here who carry for self defense purposes are "pre-meditated" in that manner, I'm not gonna go hunt him down I just am not gonna watch him light up the building that I live in. But thanx for the advice, I sure hope in the very small chance it could happen that this forum post doesnt condemn me lol
I'll be a character witness for ya....We were just talking about all the druggies and bad people is all,I swear!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This has a time stamp on the postings so I dont have to say a time, JUST NOW, firetrucks flew by my apartment again heading up East street, ANOTHER fire in Otown! I'm seriously getting a bit worried now.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update, the guy was caught, 22 year old douche bag

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
This has a time stamp on the postings so I dont have to say a time, JUST NOW, firetrucks flew by my apartment again heading up East street, ANOTHER fire in Otown! I'm seriously getting a bit worried now.
Update, the guy was caught, 22 year old douche bag
Hahaha the combo of those last 2 posts made me laugh ... I don't know why .... Yeh had had just gotten off 5 years probation I guess for a halloween fire in 2007
http://www.wktv.com/news/crime-repo...rson-charged-in-overnight-fire-147664445.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts