New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get one for a 223 rifle... is the dedicated MSR/AR kit the best? What about the deluxe law enforcement kit?

Does anyone have any OTIS kits? Thoughts? Comments? Negatives?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want to get one for a 223 rifle... is the dedicated MSR/AR kit the best? What about the deluxe law enforcement kit?

Does anyone have any OTIS kits? Thoughts? Comments? Negatives?
This is a really good question I get so confused about all the different flavors of their product I end up not getting anything

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I posted a similar question a while back. I still don't know which kit is worth getting. This might be helpful to you...

Gear Review: Pull the Ripcord

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
See if you can get the pieces to cover your rifle and handgun you carry the most.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As long as it has the cable and the pick it does not really matter which one you get. The different ends are fairly standard. A lot of the extras I barely touch. Most have their favorite tools - just make sure yours are in there.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have the 3 gun kit and it has everything to clean my guns. I don't have a .223 yet but when I do I'll probably get their BONE tool in addition to the kit. I like the kit but everything has to be packed exactly right for it to close. That's a little annoying.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Otis Technologies has a selection tools on their website -- it may help.
Otis Technology

Learned about their great products when I had trouble with other brands cleaning my .17 hmr. Their stuff works and its a great NY company.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a BONE tool? Their website sucks. A search turned up nothing.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Would you guys be interested in doing a group buy on these? One of our suppliers stocks the Tactical Cleaning System kits (FG-750 BX). If there's interest I could bring some in, and possibly save everyone a few bucks. Let me know...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't decide... I was reading the negative reviews about them. I guess the patch system on them is strange and often leads to getting patches stuck in the barrel.

I, on the other hand would be in for a group buy on the BONE Tool, if that were at all possible!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I can't decide... I was reading the negative reviews about them. I guess the patch system on them is strange and often leads to getting patches stuck in the barrel.

I, on the other hand would be in for a group buy on the BONE Tool, if that were at all possible!
Sorry man, they don't carry that. The only Otis item they carry is the kit above.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Thank you for the offer 94Turbo. But it looks like the Deluxe Rifle/Pistol kit (FG-211 BX) would better suit my needs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts