New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oswego County sheriff joins lawsuit to declare NY SAFE Act unconstitutional | syracuse.com

"Oswego County Sheriff Reuel Todd has joined a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the NY SAFE Act gun control legislation."

On another note, after taking a little posting hiatus, I am back with a vengence. Been following, just not posting. Needed to decompress and it is time to get back into game! By the way, you all have to excuse me if I post any dup's. May take me a short time to catch up.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I am glad he joined the lawsuit just wish he wouldn't enforce it.

"Until it is deemed unconstitutional, it is deemed a law," he said. "And one of those things, whether I agree with every law on the books, we are bound by duty to enforce the law."

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Apparently Andy didn't hear the sheriff's the first time.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am glad he joined the lawsuit just wish he wouldn't enforce it.

"Until it is deemed unconstitutional, it is deemed a law," he said. "And one of those things, whether I agree with every law on the books, we are bound by duty to enforce the law."
Isn't that the very nature of passive resistance? Neither he, nor his deputies, need to make an arrest under the SAFE act. They could simply offer warnings to anyone suspected of violating this ridiculous law...

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Isn't that the very nature of passive resistance? Neither he, nor his deputies, need to make an arrest under the SAFE act. They could simply offer warnings to anyone suspected of violating this ridiculous law...
But he stated in the article he is duty bound to enforce it......so to me he will enforce the law even thou he disagrees with it. I am still glad sherriff Todd joined the lawsuit

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Great he joined but you guys are correct, if the Amish took over Albany politics and lobbied for a ban of political posts on Internet forums, abridging our 1st Am, I would hope those with a badge would refuse to enforce it. No LEO should be complicit in the destruction of the Bill of Rights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts