New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I always do for the past 7 years, i ordered my ACP ammo from TargetSportsUSA. Just ordered some 2 weeks ago and it arrived in 5 days..well after I complete the order yesterday and my card got deducted the proper amount, i get a phone call from them (their out of CT) and the voicemail sounds like the girl say they cant ship to NY?! So i call back,they say a new law in place that they cant ship over 6 boxes to NY..i say well i doubt the law was thought up,enacted and set in stone since the week ago that i just bought the same ammo??she appologizes and says theirs nothing she can do..i say yes there is something you can do, you take my order of 6 and split it down to 3 and 3..long story short..they being fed exed and im already tracking it..wanna play games I can play games.

·
Banned
714 Posts
So did they double the shipping cost of the ammo or maybe even increase it to more than double by them sending two separate shipments?

Why not just shop at a dealer that does not give you such a BS explanation as to why they do not want to ship to you in NY?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Yea that makes no sense and 6 boxes of ammo is as arbitrary as 7 rounds in a mag.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So did they double the shipping cost of the ammo or maybe even increase it to more than double by them sending two separate shipments?

Why not just shop at a dealer that does not give you such a BS explanation as to why they do not want to ship to you in NY?
Nope, no change in price..as i have stated in previous posts, TargetSports is a really great company and this just showed them shine again. As for the dumbass customer service rep that called me, she just might have been new or not knowledgable. As for why i dont fo local..1st off, come on man there aint nothing that beats the laziness of shopping in your underwear on your couch! Lol. But not only that, my type and calibur is usualy out of stock and or not even around most places that i check..so its become a nice simple habit of poit click cheap and quick right to my door.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I had just heard of TargetSportsUSA and was thinking of ordering from them. Gives me a heads up of what I might expect.

Way to go 4excalibur! That thinking outside the "box".

·
Registered
337 Posts
Maybe "6 boxes" is the secret amount that the state considers to be "too much" ammo to buy.
That is one of the many points behind the ammo BGC, to keep track of who is buying what they deem as "too much". But as of yet they won't say how much is "too much".

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
So the manner in which the ammo is packaged determines the quantity of ammo they're allowed to ship? Can that be any more convoluted? I mean some ammo is packaged 10 rounds per box, some 20, some 40, some 50... What does the number of boxes have to do with anything?

How about you just take whatever quantity of ammo I order, slap a shipping label on it, and send it on its way. I'm an adult - you're an adult - we can handle this transaction just fine without arcane and arbitrary governmental intervention.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I must have been missing something. I thought no one would ship ammo into NY since Cuomo's folly went into effect.
Some companies still do with no questions asked...others like the op stated with restrictions and others will not. If prick Andy were to win come November No company will ship.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had just heard of TargetSportsUSA and was thinking of ordering from them. Gives me a heads up of what I might expect.

Way to go 4excalibur! That thinking outside the "box".
AK..use TargetSports, they are awesome..ive been using them gettin close to a decade. Never a problem always prompt. This girl must have been new, cause I checked the order right after she called and was already packed and sent Fedex it said..and now i check it a day later and its already out and about through the world of Fedex. Sooo have no fear, they are great. Second time ive ordered 6 boxes of 50 in each in the last 2 weeks. They got no problem with the Prick Schomo law BS No shipping crap. Lol.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Because that sixth box is just so much more dangerous.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bloomberg did the same thing with soda.
Soo true! F Bloomberg and F Cuomo..if i want a 42 ounce Mt Dew and 6 and a half boxes of ammo im gonna find a way.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Soooo today i just checked with cheaperthendirt for 2 3/4 slug prices figured if thats all i can shoot at Blue Mtn anyhoo.. So instead of Targetsports i figure lemme give cheaper a chance...get all the way through to pay and says CAN'T ship to NY. So i cancel..and go to TargetSportsUSA..ordered 100 rounds with ammo box. Order complete no probs. lol. Gotta say TargetsSportss is my happy home for lazyness..

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Im glad to learn tsusa is atill shipping to ny. 6 cases of 556 or 6-20 round boxes.... so ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im glad to learn tsusa is atill shipping to ny. 6 cases of 556 or 6-20 round boxes.... so ridiculous.
lol, indeed ridiculous..as i just ordered 17 boxes of 5 per box slugs..no problem. I gotta think that she was new to the game, cause i never had issues..still dont have any cause they did the right thing anyhoo with the six ACP boxes..now what did surprise me was cheaperthenballs not delivering at all. All i hear from my friends is cheaper this cheaper thaat?! Well not in my book, its TSUSA.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
So with that logic , if you buy by the case you can purchase 5 cases then but not 6 unless you break the order up.
Makes no matter that there are say 1-5K rounds in a case. Brilliant.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts