New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get that in Orange County, as part of the application you need to supply written driving directions to your home from the Sheriff's office. In anyone's experience, do they just conduct a drive by to verify that it is in fact a residence, or do they in fact stop, get out and knock on the door and ask for you? My worry is that I work long hours and I'm not home until late, so I'm worried that if they do in fact do that, and need to see me there, they are going to have to keep trying for a while until I get an odd day that I'm home early. There is someone there that can vouch that I live there that should be home throughout the day. Would that suffice? Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on this?

·
Registered
621 Posts
They cane by my house and talked to my wife. When my brother got his they never even went to his house. So I guess it depends what investigator you get.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If the only concern is that they can confirm its a residence and you live there then a utility, phone, cable bill in your name for that address is generally enough.
At least for banks, lenders, insurance agencies, the post office and any number of other places knowing where you live would be of import to getting results.

Being in the modern age, I wonder if you couldn't just write down the link to it on google earth sattelite view, or print out a mapquest route.
(you could even be a sweetie and give them the fastest way and the shortest way versions)
Might actually be worth asking, especialy if your arthritic, nerve damaged, dyslexic or other that makes writing more of a painful chore rather than a means of communucation.

I tell ya, some of the anal **** these guys come up with........

·
Registered
460 Posts
they stopped by my house basically just to make sure i lived here. no one was home at the time so they left a notice saying that someone had stopped and to call or email to verify that you got the notice and state that you do live there

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like I'll have no problem then. As long as they take someone else's word at the house that I live there, then I'm good. Or if they leave a notice, even better. I could call the next day. I was just worried it would delay the process if they had to talk to me directly at my front door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts