New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

new to this site and as new to shooting in NY.
Just bought a 12ga shotgun (Mossberg 695) and is to loud for the backyard..
Anyone knows a outdoor range in Orange County or a local place to shot?

thanks in advance,

Juanjo

·
Registered
722 Posts
No official outdoor ranges in Orange County I know of. Closet outdoor range is Blue Mountain by Peekskill.
I know alot of people shoot in the woods in my area (Town Of Newburgh) if they have permission and/or enough space. I am hoping to find something and turn it into a makeshift range to avoid these ever increasing range fees.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Haven't been here in years but this was a good place to shoot trap/skeet. I don't think they have a rile range. Thunder Mountain In Ringwood State Park just outside of Tuxedo area on Rt 17.

Also was at Blue Mountain years ago and recall that being fairly nice. Believe they are both shotgun and rifle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know you want an outdoor range but the ones I know of are all private, some more expensive to join than others. For indoor you can try Davis in Goshen, they have a 100 yard indoor range.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Believe Master Class is pistol or rimfire (.22 or smaller) only.
Not correct, MC allows most calibers that will shoot 1800fps or less. I shoot my 454 Casull occasionally. Not sure if they allow slug guns though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
One of the cops at my job says he a few other officers uses the PLATTEKILL gun club range for rifles and shotguns.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FOUND!!!
if recognize let me know if there is anything I should be aware off.
It was pretty messy, but I left the place cleaner than when I got there.. took all the broken plastic bottles with my garbage..
Also picked every shell I spend (except ONE 30-06 I couldn't find)

·
Registered
91 Posts
i second that, i could use a new place to shoot

·
Registered
722 Posts
Third that I could use one also. Def would clean up my mess and some mess left behind. Might even nbe interested in building up the place too if need be.

i second that, i could use a new place to shoot

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wanna make a day to go?
maybe next weekend?

have a new 12g and a 45-70 that I'm dying to try!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd be happy to join you guys. Dying to shoot outdoors. Ranges are pretty constricting. I'll help clean build it up. Assume it private property. Pvt message or sent an email.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts