New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I feel for the store owner but I think giving up his records due to threats with no warrant may be the kiss of death for his business. He may have been better off telling them to get the warrant.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I feel for the store owner but I think giving up his records due to threats with no warrant may be the kiss of death for his business. He may have been better of telling them to get the warrant.
The truth is that the State put the screws to him and knew he'd fold under the pressure, not much of surprise given the damage they could do his livelihood, which is why this is SOP for Stormtroops. These forces can and will ruin your life, and without SERIOUS resources you will be ruined. Even with them, it's a pretty safe bet that you'll be harmed tremendously, even if you're vindicated in Court.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
IF I were the owner, and the NYSP threatened me like that ... I would have told them to make sure they bring ALOT of men because there would be ALOT of citizens waiting for them and leave the ball in their court. Maybe it wouldn't have been the right move but since when have we had "rights" of any kind?? I'm not good with threats at all to begin with. Any threat needs to be meet with proactive measures ... not wait to see what they do and allow those that made the threat make the first strike and then be on the defense with reactive actions. Nope ... I can't do that. Maybe it's the fact I grew up in America .... to those that are younger, you missed one HELL of a nation. We've failed you. Now it's up to you to save America.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Since he did get a warning they were coming it would have been interesting to see it happen with a rally out front. It would be like the videos of people getting swatted. I'm sure the crowd would give donations for the front door.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
He seemed to bumble through the interview there a little.

As an FFL01, how can he not know the law on whether or not he is required to turn over his records on request? Warrant needed or not?

He mentioned "Assault Weapon" more than once. WTF dude. Even the host had to correct him on that one.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sounds like business will suffer either way... damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Sounds like business will suffer either way... damned if he did, damned if he didn't.
I agree.... He might a well shut his doors. (follow me here) Close them up tight!! THEN sue the **** outta NYS that's being promoted as such a great state to own a ****ing business in when THEY forced it to close because of the DAMAGE they caused to his business through their actions that turned away ALL of his client base!!! Make this state pay dearly!!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Tucker Carlson seems to have a grasp on gun related terminology.
He is the one that called out Senator Carolyn McCarthy about the meaning of a barrel shroud.
He asked her to explain the need to regulate barrel shrouds,
and asked her what a shroud was,
and McCarthy incorrectly stated, "I believe it is a shoulder thingy that goes up.

And he now explains that the term assault weapon is a made up term.
( That may be incorrect but I know what he is trying to say )
Now that is what I like to see in a journalist. Pro 2A
We need more like Tucker Carlson.

The gun shop owner Joseph Palumbo should to use the term MSR in the future

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
IF I were the owner, and the NYSP threatened me like that ... I would have told them to make sure they bring ALOT of men because there would be ALOT of citizens waiting for them and leave the ball in their court. Maybe it wouldn't have been the right move but since when have we had "rights" of any kind?? I'm not good with threats at all to begin with. Any threat needs to be meet with proactive measures ... not wait to see what they do and allow those that made the threat make the first strike and then be on the defense with reactive actions. Nope ... I can't do that. Maybe it's the fact I grew up in America .... to those that are younger, you missed one HELL of a nation. We've failed you. Now it's up to you to save America.
Give Cliven Bundy a call, I hear he knows some people... I expect there would be a fair number of locals too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
"I hope you get whats coming to you" He doesn't sound happy with the Owner's decision. I don't blame him.

Honestly, he would have had the support of so many people I doubt he would have had much of a problem. Now one owner gives in, how many more will follow suit?

He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy I would want to buy a gun from, glad I never went there

·
Registered
581 Posts
Tucker Carlson seems to have a grasp on gun related terminology.
He is the one that called out Senator Carolyn McCarthy about the meaning of a barrel shroud.
He asked her to explain the need to regulate barrel shrouds,
and asked her what a shroud was,
and McCarthy incorrectly stated, "I believe it is a shoulder thingy that goes up.

And he now explains that the term assault weapon is a made up term.
( That may be incorrect but I know what he is trying to say )
Now that is what I like to see in a journalist. Pro 2A
We need more like Tucker Carlson.

The gun shop owner Joseph Palumbo should to use the term MSR in the future
You are 100% correct Bigfoot!! Tucker Carlson was being kind saying it is a "made up term".
It's a bald face lie!!
The definition of an assault weapon is capable of automatic fire, meaning having a selector switch.
The anti gun Communist's purposely and falsely called these semi automatic rifles, assault rifles years ago and it stuck!
Respects, Pedro.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
They gave him 24 hours my answer would have been Talk to my lawer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts