New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched alot online and here, and feedback on this particular pump action centerfire is mixed.

I know that the Benoits of maine favor this carbine almost exclusively. But i was curious if anyone here has / had one and what their experience was. I think it might be a nice upgrade in a few years from my slug gun im building. Plus the muscle memory will already be there.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
They are the best rifles going IMO,very fast follow up and accurate!!!!Never had a problem with mine/ours cause my whole family and friends use them in PA for hunting (semi auto not allowed there)......

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm maybe that aeems to be the consensus..... looks like it'll go on the list... im surprised i havent seen one in the local shops yet

·
Registered
280 Posts
My brother has a 760 in 30-06. It's MOA with handloads.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Great rifles! Fun to shoot and a very sensible hunting rifle. If you shoot any pump shotgun regularly, running a 7600 will require no thought. I read a lot of negative info about them online as well, but most of the people I run into that own one usually love them.

This is mine, it's a 7615 camo hunter. Chambered in .223 and adapted to use AR mags; still awaiting a scope. A standard 7600 is probably more reliable than this one, I have encountered a few feeding issues when using my pre-ban magazines. Compared to the factory ten round magazine it came with they old aluminum magazines fit much looser in the magazine well. Otherwise no issues.

photo.jpg

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Great rifles! Fun to shoot and a very sensible hunting rifle. If you shoot any pump shotgun regularly, running a 7600 will require no thought. I read a lot of negative info about them online as well, but most of the people I run into that own one usually love them.

This is mine, it's a 7615 camo hunter. Chambered in .223 and adapted to use AR mags; still awaiting a scope. A standard 7600 is probably more reliable than this one, I have encountered a few feeding issues when using my pre-ban magazines. Compared to the factory ten round magazine it came with they old aluminum magazines fit much looser in the magazine well. Otherwise no issues.

View attachment 8670
I agree the new clips sold with the 7600's are junk!You have to get on Ebay and buy the older clips,and they are not exactly cheap,like a fine wine they got more expensive the older they got LOL....

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
By the way i doubt the new clips have feed issues,its just they do not slide in as smooth as the older ones.....Probably fine but I use mine for hunting and carry an extra Mag,and need a fast transfer while chasing wounded buck sometimes...

·
Registered
199 Posts
By the way i doubt the new clips have feed issues,its just they do not slide in as smooth as the older ones.....Probably fine but I use mine for hunting and carry an extra Mag,and need a fast transfer while chasing wounded buck sometimes...
This I don't know. I was saying that a standard 7600 with it's proprietary magazine is probably more reliable than my 7615 and old pre-ban AR magazines.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
This I don't know. I was saying that a standard 7600 with it's proprietary magazine is probably more reliable than my 7615 and old pre-ban AR magazines.
I bought a brand new 30-06 7600 a few months ago and the (5 round) mag took 5 minutes to lock in,while my older ones slid in like it was ice.I called Remington and they sent me a new clip and it did the same thing,so they are cutting corners on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts