New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around seeing what possibilities are out there for a new pistol. I currently have a Glock 26 and am interested in buying another. Not really looking to trade or sell my Glock A friend of mine has both a S&W Shield as well as a Walther PPS, but i did not like the way it felt in my hand. Was looking into the new Walther CCP which still has not hit the market yet and another friend of mine has put a Deposit on a Springfield XD-s. Was wondering if anybody has any other idea of what i should be looking for. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
What is it's intended purpose? Sounds to me like your looking for something small for cc

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
The second Good question is...

do you have a price range?

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
You did not like the way PPS felt in your hands? That gun has really good ergonomics, oh well, looks at M&P compact in 9/40/45, Glock 30S, Walther CCP, H&K P2000SK, CZ P-07.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Whatever you get, get me one, too please.

I'm assuming you want 9mm. I have a G26 as well, so if you're looking for smaller than that, you don't have too many options. Look at the Kahr CM9.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Maybe move up a little in size with a G19, one of the M&P pistols or even the new SIG 320 Carry. That 320c is the same size as a G19 and the trigger has a very short reset. It's a very sweet pistol and the first SIG I've been excited about for quite some time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You did not like the way PPS felt in your hands? That gun has really good ergonomics, oh well, looks at M&P compact in 9/40/45, Glock 30S, Walther CCP, H&K P2000SK, CZ P-07.
Unfortunately for me i have tiny baby hands that just started getting calluses. :wacko: Maybe it was the backstrap he had on his PPS that i did not like. Ill give it another try as well as the M&P Shield. I have looked at all recomendations that everyone has submitted and will be making a decision soon. I did want to wait to see what the new Walther CCP was all about but it looks like ill be waiting almost till september to find out. Also read on here someone mentioned the Remmington R51 but they arent being sold anymore. Thank you to everyone who submitted a post.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Best bet, get your hands on as many as you can. See whaty works for you.

If your looking to CC, I don't know how large your willing to go. You may want to look at Glocks, M&PS, and XDs. They all come in different calibers and sizes to consider. There are also a variety of other pistols to think about. But first would you mind answering some questions so we can get a better idea of what your looking for?

Purpose- Concealed Carry. Which to me means range as well.
Price- $500-$800. On jsut the firearm, or do you need the holster and things to total around there?
Perferred action- DA/SA, Striker, SAO, DAO, Revolver?
Size- I CC a full size. Just how large or small are you looking for?
Caliber- Lets not beat a dead horse but do you have a preference?
Saftey- No saftey, frame mounted, slide mounted?
Weight- How much does it matter to you? All steel okay? Aluminum, Polymer only?
Manuel of arms- Try to hold an FN to get an idea how there controls feel, and the space between them. Do the same with Walher, Sig, M&P, XD, 1911s, HKs, Keltecs, J frames, Berettas, and whatever else you can. See what ones you can reach the magazine release, slide lever, and saftey on without pivoting the pistol in your hand. If you can reach them all with one thumb sweep thats probably the one for you. YMMV.

Right off the bat, I'm inclined to give you the stock answer to these threads. Go to the store, and hold as many different sizes and brands as you can until somethings fits. Don't get a pistol because it is the one all the cool kids are getting. Get the one that you can operate well, and outshoot all the "cool kids" with.

What I'm going to be looknig at for my next pistol is a 1911, or an M&P45. Thats a long way down the road however, and I'm not sure what brand of 1911 I would get if I chose that. I would still consider either of them concealable. But then again, I've always had a preference for larger framed guns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cor_man

Price would be 500-800 just on the firearm itself
Caliber would be 9mm just because i already have a 9mm (open to suggestions thou, i know .22 is cheaper to shoot)
Preferred action and safety-I am open to suggestions on what people think is better(hopefully wont start an arguement lol)

And i know everyone keeps telling me to just go to the store and see what fits me best. I work a crazy overnight schedule and my only day off usually is a sunday which is usually spent with the wife and kid but i do have 2 good shops that are highly recommended in the area which I will be taking a day off to go and visit.
Civil Armory in Pleasant Vallety and Collector rifle and ammo in lagrange.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have two carry guns I am very happy with. The XDs .45 w/3.3" barrel and the Sig P938 9mm. They are very different in feel and operation, but both conceal easily. Either would be a good option for you.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Is the G26 too big for you to carry? That is a subcompact gun purpose-built for concealed carry. Why can't you carry that?

Single stacks aren't generally as comfortable to hold because they're single stacks. I much prefer a hand-filling gun, but the single stacks feel better when you're not holding them (ie when you're carrying them).

There are a million great 9mm carry guns out there, but if a G26 is too big for you to carry I'm not sure what we can recommend other than the mico-pocket guns or a .380.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
We really can't tell you what will be the best for you. Personally, imo. It doesn't get much better than a Glock 26

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
..Civil Armory in Pleasant Vallety and Collector rifle and ammo in lagrange.
Both are great LGS, Civil has more handgus on display than does Collector.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you don't mind the 1911 platform and want to stay 9mm look at Sig P938. I recently started carrying mine regularly. Very unobtrusive and shoots well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts