New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took this buck at 1120 saturday. Watched him chasing a doe into a hedgerow, never came out. Got down out of my stand, stalked down to him, sometimes a 25 mph wind is good and got the shot.:)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No we are shotgun only here in niagara county.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i shouldn't say we are shotgun only. We can use everything but a centerfire rifle.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we used to have a place near Cuba NY, we sold it the year before centerfires were allowed.
I have a nice chunk of land up here now and seeing deer like this is common. This guy was third largest i have seen or got on camera this year, He was on the hit list.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Nice job guys! The only buck I saw was a 4 pointer which I passed on.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Nice deer guys! I've seen a few, no shooters and thankfully not many ticks. come to think of it WTF am I doing sitting here.

·
Registered
983 Posts
thankfully not many ticks.
I started using the product "No Stinking Ticks" last year during turkey season and since have not found a single tick on me at all. Including a 150 yard crawl through tall grass to get my turkey (don't ask).

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We don't see ticks around here, used to get alot of the deer keds though in the southern tier.
Don't care for those either.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Nice deer you guys took. Congrats!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Got this nice big doe on Sunday morning. I was down wind of her and she kept coming right at me, went in through the front of her chest and out just behind her right front shoulder. Took most of her lung with it. She ran 75 yards to the hedge row and dropped. Not bad for my second year out hunting, shes much bigger then the button buck I took last year.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Originally Posted by dubleuhb
Took this buck at 1120 saturday....

1320 feet in a 1/4 mile ...... think he saw 1120 as feet and not time ......

looks like someone had drag racin' on their mind :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We have a winner! Yes, it was a joke about the time not having a colon in it. I even put it in bold, to tip everyone off.
Punctuation police ? GREAT, always one. Anything to add on the thread subject or not ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts