New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Saw/listened to this a bit ago. Such BS! He won a pretty decent lawsuit against the city! Learn the laws and some freaken control officer! The cop was so completely out of control. This is an example of an officer needing to lose his job; no investigation needed!

This **** really pisses me off!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is a bit fresher ..
I usually delete this stuff from my e-mail
'cause it's just a fluke that these things happen, right ..??
I would feel certain Mr. Jeter had every intention of " fleeing & eluding", and " resisting "

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
this is a bit fresher ..
I usually delete this stuff from my e-mail
'cause it's just a fluke that these things happen, right ..??
I would feel certain Mr. Jeter had every intention of " fleeing & eluding", and " resisting "
Internal Affairs found nothing wrong! Sure, nothing to see here folks, move along.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Defend this TB.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The cops should loose any and all pension and end up behind bars. I don't doubt for a second that "why are you going for my gun" isnt the new verbal default when the cruiser cam is behind the car, Stop resisting isn't holding up as well as it use too before they shoot someone that's unarmed. Oops forgot there was another cruiser parked in front.

Not a mention as to why he was pulled over to begin with. He had already been allowed to leave a previous scene.

Cameras and audio on every cop, every cruiser, automatically uploaded to a secure network to prevent tampering.

Of course internal affairs found nothing wrong, its common practice AKA PROCEDURE to make **** up.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
What a tube steak !!!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Defend this TB.
This one is easy . The officer confronts anyone with a gun legal or not , it is for the person to follow the commands by the uniformed officer until identity, legal status has been confirmed. This goes for cops ( Plainclothes or off duty or federal ) as well . Just because the guy claims something doesn't make it so. I have been both the challenging officer and the challenged officer. You obey until ID is established. Just because he is polite doesn't mean he isn't lying. I have had people claiming to be plain clothes cops. And they weren't . And I have had a parole officer forget his creds at home. Obey until it's established. Again I have been on both sides of it. There have been cops shot who haven't. Guess who's fault it is for getting shot if you don't obey?

This was a set up for the open carry people . And 25, 000 in this area is go away money but I don't know how PA is with that.
The officer's cursing is just the stress of the situation but there may or not be disciplinary action .

As far as the arrest goes, I don't know the charges in the arrest. I can't hear the other conversations on the tape either. The open carry not in Philly exception for CCW or what ever they call it there, I assume he ( the person arrested) is correct in the law if the charges were dropped and he won money but I have seen charges dropped by no fault of the cop and that person won money too. But I assume the charges in this one was dropped because the officer was wrong in the law. If so and he was charged with gun possession then the LEO was wrong in charging him with that. But where were the charges dropped and who reviewed the facts before arraignment if it got that far. Where was the mistake in the law by the officer noticed.

in norms video, the cops got what they deserved.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
This one is easy . The officer confronts anyone with a gun legal or not , it is for the person to follow the commands by the uniformed officer until identity, legal status has been confirmed.
And this is why you will NEVER get it!

Carrying a gun in public is NOT a bad thing. It is not against the law! It is a freaken right, and for those who do not nor can not get this, you are lost! There were no complaints called in about this guy, just some ignorant cop who does not know the freaken law that he swore to uphold.

Could you imagine if every cop acted this way with the rest of our rights? I can picture it now...

Old lady goes in the voting booth, just as she is pulling the curtain closed, two large cops bust in, threaten to **** her up, throw her onto the ground until they can identify if she has a voter registration card!

These two examples are the exact same thing!

There is no difference between the two. Both are Rights spelled out, neither is more important than the other.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
This one is easy . The officer confronts anyone with a gun legal or not , it is for the person to follow the commands by the uniformed officer until identity, legal status has been confirmed. This goes for cops ( Plainclothes or off duty or federal ) as well . Just because the guy claims something doesn't make it so. I have been both the challenging officer and the challenged officer. You obey until ID is established. Just because he is polite doesn't mean he isn't lying. I have had people claiming to be plain clothes cops. And they weren't . And I have had a parole officer forget his creds at home. Obey until it's established. Again I have been on both sides of it. There have been cops shot who haven't. Guess who's fault it is for getting shot if you don't obey?

This was a set up for the open carry people . And 25, 000 in this area is go away money but I don't know how PA is with that.
The officer's cursing is just the stress of the situation but there may or not be disciplinary action .

As far as the arrest goes, I don't know the charges in the arrest. I can't hear the other conversations on the tape either. The open carry not in Philly exception for CCW or what ever they call it there, I assume he is correct in the law. If so and he was charged with gun possession then the LEO was wrong in charging him with that.
BTW, one does not need to show ID!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
BTW, one does not need to show ID!
If you are carrying a gun, you do in this area. It is up to you to show you can carry concealed or open in philly. You must show you have the lic otherwise the cop has probable cause to arrest until that part has been established. Just like if you drive a car without your drivers lic. You can and will be cited for unlic driver despite your verbal claims unless the officer gives a break. In fact without ID you could be arrested and you are a lic driver. If an officer has PC even for the most minor of infractions, you can be arrested if you don't have ID in order to establish and confirm your identity or present you before a court. Please note it is probable cause and not in fact committed

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you are carrying a gun, you do in this area. It is up to you to show you can carry concealed or open in philly. You must show you have the lic otherwise the cop has probable cause to arrest until that part has been established. Just like if you drive a car without your drivers lic. You can and will be cited for unlic driver despite your verbal claims unless the officer gives a break. In fact without ID you could be arrested and you are a lic driver. If an officer has PC even for the most minor of infractions, you can be arrested if you don't have ID in order to establish and confirm your identity or present you before a court. Please note it is probable cause and not in fact committed
Probable Cause is a term that pertains to what ..???

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Probable cause is that a offense may have been committed is the standard for arrest for a police officer to make an arrest. He may stop and detain you based on reasonable suspicion. A citizens arrest standard is "in fact committed". Legally I can carry in NYS without a permit just because I am a LEO. If I don't carry my ID and badge, and I am stopped by the police, I can be arrested for gun possession. When my status as a LEO has been established the arrest would be voided. It would be a legal arrest because the officer would have probable cause despite my claims until I could prove it. The whole time I could carry legally but the arrest would also be legal. An arrest is not a convinction. However once it has been verified I was legal, the arrest must be voided and I would have to be immediately released.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Again, the incident did not occur in NY. The man did nothing but walk to the damn store. So, in this case, what is the probable cause to harass him?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts