New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad I joined Ontario rod and gun club ,not only does this club fill my shooting needs but they are involved with the political and social aspects that I wanted. This weekend they had a rifle shoot and today a shotgun clay competition with profits going to murdered Officer Daryl Pierson's family. The shoot yesterday had a great turnout with loads of fun had by all, even those that missed once or twice, lol.

The clubs board, President and CEO are on the right track and are committed to the members having a fun ,safe and informative session with every visit. I say "Great job" to these hard working people.
jim

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Proud to be a member myself.
Did you go to the CMP instruction a couple weeks ago? I was going to go but was waylaid at the last minute.
Maybe we should put some 30 cal holes in the dirt sometime soon? I have a couple M1's I haven't shot yet.
jim

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Yeah I went, we shot a mini match and the club priciples were educated on how to run a CMP match. I think they're hoping to put one together pretty soon. I could use a little practice for the upcoming Garandfest at GCL, pick a Sunday morning when there's nothing happening at the club and we'll head out. I'll PM you my contact info.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I am so glad I joined Ontario rod and gun club ,not only does this club fill my shooting needs but they are involved with the political and social aspects that I wanted. This weekend they had a rifle shoot and today a shotgun clay competition with profits going to murdered Officer Daryl Pierson's family. The shoot yesterday had a great turnout with loads of fun had by all, even those that missed once or twice, lol.

The clubs board, President and CEO are on the right track and are committed to the members having a fun ,safe and informative session with every visit. I say "Great job" to these hard working people.
jim
THANK YOU, You are very kind.
Our goal for the fund raiser is being easily met. A special Thank You to those that gave till it hurt.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yeah I went, we shot a mini match and the club priciples were educated on how to run a CMP match. I think they're hoping to put one together pretty soon. I could use a little practice for the upcoming Garandfest at GCL, pick a Sunday morning when there's nothing happening at the club and we'll head out. I'll PM you my contact info.
Can I play too? LOL Our general meeting is this Thursday and is on the agenda to talk about, are their some dates that are best for you guys?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Hey bear arms, if you want a stack of Astorino bumper stickers to hand out to your members at the meeting just let me know and I'll send you a care package tomorrow.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey bear arms, if you want a stack of Astorino bumper stickers to hand out to your members at the meeting just let me know and I'll send you a care package tomorrow.
Thanks for offer, however we have plenty as well as signs. Scope leaves all we need for now. thanks again

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Can I play too? LOL Our general meeting is this Thursday and is on the agenda to talk about, are their some dates that are best for you guys?
You're welcome to join the fun any time!

Sundays would be my suggestion for a match (so we don't conflict with the monthly CMP shoot in Penfield). We also need to work on some type of platform to shoot from, prone in front of the rifle house wasn't ideal. I can't make the meeting this week, got a prior commitment but I will definitely make a point to start getting my azz out there for them.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The place is ok lol just kidding great people and a wonderful range. I've got to get some money together to join up

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need the principles of shooting a M1 better than MON (minute of nazi, lol) I am not used to shooting 3 MOA and being told that is ok. Have they got a match where you don't shoot prone and if not how many times do you hear "I shot prone and I can't get up?" Hahaha.
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.