New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few board members from the Ontario Rod and Gun club on this forum so I figured I would see if I can get so information. I dropped off my application and membership dues in Early October. While there i shot a round of Trap and also the Steel plates with the pistol. I had a great time shooting both. I spoke to a few board members that night about scheduling the Range orientation. Since the club only offers the orientation on the 3rd Saturday of each month I was not going to be able to attend the October 20th (Opening day of pheasant) or the November 17th (opening day of Deer season). I have tried multiple time to contact Rich H to schedule the range orientation..... but he does not answer the phone or call back. I also did not have any luck trying to get it scheduled with Gary P. I then had a conversation with the club secretary and a few of the board members at the club on a Saturday. Once again my information was taken and I was told someone would be calling me. I do realize that as with many clubs that are made up of volunteers it is hard to schedule things but to only offer the range orientation 1 day a month is very diffuclult for some people to be able to make it and there should be other process in place to get the members that have already paid the orientation needed. If there is a board member of the Ontario Rod and Gun club on this forum that happens to read this can you please send me a PM.

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
When i was oriented, they told me just to show up on the orientation day, that a phone call wasn't absolutely necessary, because Rich was hard to get in touch with. Did you get your member ship cards yet? i received mine before the orientation.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know there are a few board members from the Ontario Rod and Gun club on this forum so I figured I would see if I can get so information. I dropped off my application and membership dues in Early October. While there i shot a round of Trap and also the Steel plates with the pistol. I had a great time shooting both. I spoke to a few board members that night about scheduling the Range orientation. Since the club only offers the orientation on the 3rd Saturday of each month I was not going to be able to attend the October 20th (Opening day of pheasant) or the November 17th (opening day of Deer season). I have tried multiple time to contact Rich H to schedule the range orientation..... but he does not answer the phone or call back. I also did not have any luck trying to get it scheduled with Gary P. I then had a conversation with the club secretary and a few of the board members at the club on a Saturday. Once again my information was taken and I was told someone would be calling me. I do realize that as with many clubs that are made up of volunteers it is hard to schedule things but to only offer the range orientation 1 day a month is very diffuclult for some people to be able to make it and there should be other process in place to get the members that have already paid the orientation needed. If there is a board member of the Ontario Rod and Gun club on this forum that happens to read this can you please send me a PM.

Thanks
We are working on trying to add more options for orientation but at this time it is still only once a month. There has to be enough new members to justifiy the added time. Not to be sarcastic but you could have just given up a day of hunting to make it. As a member and VP I am always missing somthing to be at club for events including opening day of archery. Please make time to be there , it is important. KEN

·
Registered
620 Posts
Next Orientation is december 15 th. 9:00 am

1 - 6 of 6 Posts