New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday February 14th from 6:30-8:30 pm the Ontario County Supervisors are going over the NYS SAFE Act to see if it is unconstitutional. Please lets have some numbers in supporters against this abuse of power that Cuomo has forced onto us!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was there, good showing, 50+ in the room and i'd say the spill over into the hallway brought the crowd near 100ppl.
I was very pleased with the showing, as well as those from the public that spoke!

Assemblyman Kolb, was very well spoken and had a wonderful address which was completely in our favor!
Those who spoke from the crowd were very well spoken and brought up many good points and had very good commentary on the subject.

The meeting a week ago took Shepard's initial resolution and stripped off the part that requested the repeal of the SAFE act. The resolution brought to the committee tonight was primarily aimed at the process on how the SAFE act was pushed though without proper debate and discussion time. Shepard proposed an amendment to the resolution which would once again add the "repeal the SAFE act" wording to the resolution.

This amendment passed by reaching 2/3rds in favor. We were all excited when this passed, assuming that the resolution would follow by being passed with the addition of the amendment.

Unfortunately, all it took was one man, Dominick Vedora, Geneva city supervisor, to call to lay the vote over to the next meeting on grounds that "By laying it over, it may cause more discussion," he said. Following this the entire crowd stormed out of the meeting.

here's the article i just found.

Ontario County supervisors lay over decision on NY SAFE Act - Canandaigua, NY - MPNnow

Let's show up to the march 7th meeting in larger numbers. This needs to be passed and communicated to Albany by March 16th before the SAFE act moves out of his review period.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another quick followup, Initially the article listed the next BOS meeting as March, 7.

Ontario County Takes Stand Against NY SAFE Act

if you read the comment at the bottom of the article it calls for:

"THE special meeting of the BOS on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:30 pm 3rd floor on the OC court house."

Let's try to find out if this date is correct and make a good showing on that date. If I confirm the date, I will post here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was out in the hallway stuck watching the monitor with no sound. I also heard they want to have a meeting ASAP before March 7th to get this taken care of.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a call in to the Ontario County Board of Supervisors Clerk. I will hopefully hear back today with the date of the meeting when they will vote on the SAFE act Resolution.

Just wanna btt, will update when I have the date! This is Important!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spoke with the Ontario County Clerks office today, who didn't know when the meeting would be. They transferred me to the Board of Superviors Office. The woman who answered the phone hesitated and mumbled something and then said "let me find out". Then she said the next meeting is March 7th. I asked her that I heard the possibility of a "Special Session" prior to next month's meeting. She hesitated and said "I am not aware of that".

Would someone like to verify this for me.
Ontario County Clerks Office: 585-396-4200
Ontario County Board of Supervisors: 585-396-4447

Please post if anyone calls, I'm just curious now. I will continue to research this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK sorry to keep beating this topic.. I have final confirmation for the date of March 7th for the next Ontario County Board of Supervisors meeting.
This is when the resolution on the SAFE act will come to a vote. Let's have another great show of numbers!

I recieved confirmation via email directly from John Sheppard, Town Supervisor of Seneca. John is the one that started this and brought the resolution to the attention of the County. He has stood up for us and been our voice. Let us show him our appreciation!

ONTARIO County Court house Thursday March 7th, 6:30.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ontario County Board of Supervisors meeting March 7th.... Will vote on the un SAFE Act, resolution....

Meeting location has changed.

The INFO YOU NEED:

DATE: March 7th
TIME: 6:30PM
Location: Ontario County Safety Training Facility, 2914 County Road 48, Canandaigua, NY 14424

Let's rival the 100+ person crowd we had on the 14th. Come on!

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/la...-show-up-thurs-march-7th-county-building.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts