New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here. Hello! Wanted to provide some info I was looking for when applying for my permit.

I called to schedule my permit drop-off at the end of October 2011. Appointment was scheduled for 1st week of April 2012. Was told to schedule fingerprinting through 3rd party.

Scheduled and completed fingerprinting middle of Novemeber 2011.

Arrived at drop-off appointment 1st week April, 2012. Appointment took 10 minutes. All paperwork in order with copies of everything in hand including fingerprint receipt.

Recieved postcard stating I had been approved first week of June, 2012.

Easy, straightforward process. Long wait for drop-off appointment. When I submitted forms in April, 2012 I was told scheduling for drop-off was into November, 2012.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mine took 1 year (ridiculous!) I found out after 4+ months that they contact you when they feel like it if there is a problem with anything. One of my references never sent their card, and another reference never received their info sheet from the sherriff. I called and I was told "oh yeah, that got returned to us a couple months ago because we mailed it to the wrong address. We were going to call you...." Bunch of Fking idiots.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts