New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys found LGS/FFLs willing to ‘transfer’ your online ammunition purchases to you? How much are you being charged?

·
Registered
322 Posts
My FFL will do it but I didn't as how much yet. Bought a couple more 22's. They are out there and I would not blink an eye at paying $15 more on a couple of cases of .223 vs paying local prices.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
So when the FFL transfer is done, and your purchase is now registered, how many rounds purchased will put you on the 'extremist watch list'? Paying $15 for the transfer is no big deal on a 1000 rnd purchase, however, that 1000 rnds would most likely be a red flag. Now pay the same $15 for only a couple hundred rnds (one trip to the range), and you're not on the watch list, but your cost per rnd just skyrocketed. FUAC

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
According to my FFL there isn't any tracking on ammo, you order it and have it shipped to him, they receive it and you pick it up from them.

just ordered 4k rounds of 9mm... For a 10.00 transfer. Worth 2.50$ per 1k if you ask me..

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
According to my FFL there isn't any tracking on ammo, you order it and have it shipped to him, they receive it and you pick it up from them.

just ordered 4k rounds of 9mm... For a 10.00 transfer. Worth 2.50$ per 1k if you ask me..
OK, they aren't recording the purchase. Yeah, right. My tin foil hat is glowing.

·
Registered
756 Posts
No ammo tracking going on, Its just "face to face" . I do not think the tracking will ever happen because it will never be in the budget. This face to face no direct internet sales lets commie cuomo have his "safe ammo" while the tracking part gos by by.....just my opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts