New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Found this site after looking up information for my wife to get a pistol permit. Couple of questions:
1. when is the next NRA sponsored course so that she can even get an application (Oneida county)?
2. what would be the process to have her fathers handguns put on my permit from Blackhawk County in Iowa?
3. I currently have a concealed/carry issued from Ontario county and updated in Oneida county with Westchester County as the only restriction. This permit was issued in 1992 and is the paper kind that has seen better days. I would like to update to the plastic kind. Would the Oneida county permit office arbitralily put hunting/camping/ hiking restrictions? Or would they continue to honor the original restriction?
I would like to add his guns on my permit untill she gets hers without changes to mine in the process.
Any and all comments would be great, thanks in advanced..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome to the site.

you could most likely get all these question answered at once by calling the office that handles pistol permits in your county, that is the route i would go if i were you, easiest and fastest

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your best bet would be to contact Dan Sullivan who is the pistol permit officer in Oneida County to answer some of your questions. As far as your father-in-laws guns you would have to have him transfer them to you through a FFL in his state to a FFL here in NY. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,228 Posts
Hello all. Found this site after looking up information for my wife to get a pistol permit. Couple of questions:
1. when is the next NRA sponsored course so that she can even get an application (Oneida county)?
2. what would be the process to have her fathers handguns put on my permit from Blackhawk County in Iowa?
3. I currently have a concealed/carry issued from Ontario county and updated in Oneida county with Westchester County as the only restriction. This permit was issued in 1992 and is the paper kind that has seen better days. I would like to update to the plastic kind. Would the Oneida county permit office arbitralily put hunting/camping/ hiking restrictions? Or would they continue to honor the original restriction?
Welcome to the site. Maybe this will help.

1. Drop me a PM and I can give you the phone number of an instructor that runs a class in New Hartford twice a month.

2. You are going to have to go through an FFL to get those guns added to your permit from out of state.

3. Anybody's guess on this. Oneida Co. policy about restrictions never makes sense to anyone. Your best bet is call Dan at the pistol office and talk to him about it. You can get the plastic style permit anytime you want by just stopping in the office and paying them the fee. Here is a link to the permit office web site.

Office of Pistol Permit Licensing | Oneida County, NY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts