New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to buy a pistol from someone in NYS but outside Oneida County. Pistol office is closed, so I'm asking on here....

the letter i have from the Office of Pistol Licensing is for picking up your license after having your first pistol added to it.

It says the bill of sale must have "gun information, seller's name, signature, license number and notarized if from another county"

anyone know if that applies to each sale?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I believe you need that info for every pistol you are going to be adding to your permit, they need a paper trail.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Yes that is what you need. They need all that info to have it added to your permit each time you add a new pistol. Normally you dont have to worry about it because when you buy from a FFL all that info is on their bill of sale they give you to bring to the county pistol permit office.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotcha, i should clarify, i was more or less wondering about the damn notary...PITA! thanks for the reply neighbor.

·
6,795 Posts
Yea better to have the notary to be safe. Pretty sure your bank can notarize for you for free but could be wrong.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Will you be buying all the pistols at the same time? If so then I think having one bill of sale with all pertient info and one notary seal should be enough.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like i might as well always go with a notary...I don't need it from what i understand, the seller needs to have it notarized. thanks men, have a great weekend!

·
6,795 Posts
Cant hurt and better to have and not need then to need and not have. Have a great weekend as well!

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
The notary is only needed if you buy from someone in a county other than Oneida. If you buy within the county, you just need the bill of sale with the gun details and the permit number of the seller.

·
Registered
894 Posts
How long ago did the notary thing start? Have bought a couple pistols from Onandaga county individuals a few years ago, live in Oneida county. No notary needed then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts