New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I placed this in another topic, this letter is important and it should be shared with everyone. This November is IT! The link to this letter is northtroystag

To all Sportsman clubs and their members,
My name is Gary Hebert and I am president of the North Troy Stag Rod and Gun Club. With over 500 members, we are located in northern Rensselaer County, upstate New York. Like your club, our membership is made up of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who have all been impacted by the SAFE Act and eroding gun rights. As a body of roughly 6,000,000 gun owners in NYS we can make history by working together and removing Governor Andrew Cuomo from office. Here are some grass roots things we can all do to leverage our collective power:

• Register to vote - and vote!
  • Help other gun owners register to vote and even offer a ride to the polls.
  • Talk to all gun owners, particularly those who sometimes just don't get around to voting. This is a very important fringe group and they could be persuaded to support a common cause and maybe even cast the deciding vote.
  • Stay aware of pending legislation such as micro-stamping.
  • Support Rob Astorino for governor with your vote and financial support. If every gun owner donated $5.00 to his campaign then there would be a level playing field. Simply stated, Rob Astorino needs money to beat Andrew Cuomo and we can help. Send financial support to:
Rob Astorino for Governor
PO Box 14
South Salem, NY 10590
Or call 914-481-3672
You may also donate on-line @ www.astorinoforgovernor.com

I can't overstate the importance of this issue and the collective power we have. Pass this along to your club members, friends and neighbors. Then have them pass it along. Put this in your own words, do what you have to do, but stick to your guns and get the word out!
Thank You,
Gary Hebert

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm missing something here ....

How does this " get our Second Amendment back" ...???
to my knowledge, the Constitution has never been amended to remove such

·
Registered
574 Posts
there are certain counties like Albany that do not issue many pistol permits. nyc try getting one for there.

I know many who have the vote Cuomo out signs on their lawn and they have never voted. sad to say. it is time to stand up and be counted.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

To maintain said right, one must be able to exercise such right without prejudice or infringement. We are being infringed upon by the new King Georges and we need to vote these King George wannabes out of office. That is how we will get our rights back. These tyrannical spawns don't care that it it still in writing, the Constitution to El Presidente is what he does in the morning. We all need to be able exercise our rights fully, not wait seven weeks to have an amendment added to your permit, nor have to register your semi auto. The truth is our Second Amendment right is nearly gone in this state, it has now become our Second Amendment privilege. I as all of us was endowed by the creator with certain inalienable rights, rights that can not be taken away. Look at Mass. the police want to be the final say in regards to who or who shall not have a gun. That is why I titled the thread to get our Second Amendment back, in some areas it is just words written on old paper.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts

Exactly. If you choose to listen to some blowhards financed by large corporates, bankers and unions, that is your own business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts