New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are short a guy this week due to him being on vacation. No big deal right?
So I'm working mon-fri 11 hour days then my second job sat and sunday.

My week is as follows

Monday - supposed to be my managers day off. He is oh so happy to be here. He isn't doing anything besides sitting around on his phone. everyone has a case of the mondays.

Tues- My new to me car (had it less than a week ) gets a stupid loud exhaust leak. err order the gasket to fix it. Proceed with crappy work day. Our local VZW tower goes down so no one has service.

Wensday - Still no cell service, I walk outside and get a text from the GF "Please anwser your phone!!'' Well no calls are coming through. Call her on the work phone, "my house is burning down can you come here?" wtf so I leave work

Sure enough her and her moms house is up in flames. She lost her dad / moms husband less than 6 months ago and now this. After getting everyone calmed down and getting pictures out of the house I went back to work.

Leave work and get a call on the work phone saying the ambulance is on the way due to the sister b/f getting smoke in his lungs.
Head right over there - car stops. like the key shut off. Coast to a stop and it turns over like there is no plugs in it. GREAT. car with 45k needs a motor.

And here we are at thursday. I haven't slept well all week, not at all last night nor did I have time to eat.

Sorry about the rant.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man.
I can slightly relate. I've been having a ton of problems with my car that I just bought a few weeks ago. Fix one thing then move onto the next. It's a very annoying process.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sorry to hear man, talked to you a few times on here or nyspeed and i think sold you some tickets. If there is anything anyone can do to help let me know.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear man, talked to you a few times on here or nyspeed and i think sold you some tickets. If there is anything anyone can do to help let me know.
Honestly I don't know what to do at this point. I spent everyhing on the car thinking it was going to be reliable but I was wrong. I didn't even get a tank of gas threw it.
The only thing I can think of is to find a 500-1000 dollar beater for now.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i know you said your dont have alot of free time but what is the car? could be something easy. i also wrench on cars for free for payment in beer

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Honestly I don't know what to do at this point. I spent everyhing on the car thinking it was going to be reliable but I was wrong. I didn't even get a tank of gas threw it.
The only thing I can think of is to find a 500-1000 dollar beater for now.
damn subaru's!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05 Legacy GT. I got it flat beded home its on the lift now.
Just got it back from innovative friday. All the fluilds are the correct color and nothing is leaking
I didn't hear any loud bang out the motor lock up
Its just like someone pulled the plugs while I was driving.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
remember, there's only 3 parts to making a motor run: air, fuel & spark. Get ta testing!

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
My tranny went 2 weeks ago,$1700 and still feeling that crunch!My buddy stops up today and we are talking about his car.He bought it used for around a grand or a little more,drove it 5 years now without an issue.Got almost 300K in mileage and still running strong,Honda looks like my next car.....

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Don't worry you are on a downhill trend right now but its only building momentum so it can make it up the next hill, tough it out for now and soon enough stuff will turn around, like a roller coaster, you couldn't get very high without those downhill stretches.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what bolt is that ripping through the belt? looks real out of place from the pic
Good question, I got the car turned around on the lift last night, pulled the coils and plugs.

Don't worry you are on a downhill trend right now but its only building momentum so it can make it up the next hill, tough it out for now and soon enough stuff will turn around, like a roller coaster, you couldn't get very high without those downhill stretches.
I can only hope so..........

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Might just be the photo but that lower pully looks odd.
Few crank nostart conditions:
Check for fuel: turn key to run position and listen for fuel pump. Easy way, stick long rubber hose into fuel fill and place other end to ear. Listen for fuel pump. No sound, swap relay with something you don't need, ac or w/e. check all the fuses, make sure they are clean! Next, smack the gas tank pretty hard in the corners a few times with a dead blow, see if fuel pump is stuck. Last, check fuel pressure release on the fuel rail. Got fuel, move to spark.
Take timing light and hook to a spark plug wire, turn unit over. Did you get a light?

When you turn it over, does it sound normal or more like a high pitched whine? <--- timing belt.

Dont forget the battery and it's connections, ensure they are good, clean, and tight. Be surprised how that can screw up a computer!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Might just be the photo but that lower pully looks odd.
Few crank nostart conditions:
Check for fuel: turn key to run position and listen for fuel pump. Easy way, stick long rubber hose into fuel fill and place other end to ear. Listen for fuel pump. No sound, swap relay with something you don't need, ac or w/e. check all the fuses, make sure they are clean! Next, smack the gas tank pretty hard in the corners a few times with a dead blow, see if fuel pump is stuck. Last, check fuel pressure release on the fuel rail. Got fuel, move to spark.
Take timing light and hook to a spark plug wire, turn unit over. Did you get a light?

When you turn it over, does it sound normal or more like a high pitched whine? <--- timing belt.

Dont forget the battery and it's connections, ensure they are good, clean, and tight. Be surprised how that can screw up a computer!
Fuel pump is working. It turns over like it has no compression. These plugs are a PITA to get out. If this thing jumped timing the motor is shot. The ej255 is a interference engine. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts