New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any rumors about Niagara Gun Range in Niagara Wheatfield being bought and reopening in the future under new management?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Haven't heard anything, but my hunch is it would do well. Numerous new shooters coupled with a lack of places to practice their skills, could spell well for a new business.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Nothing. You? I agree with poster above except no one can afford to shoot right now. It would be $300 for an hour of shooting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It would be a good thing. Industry magazines suggest that air guns, airsoft, 22 LR (still a touch expensive) might be a way to keep business as well as courses on maintenance, legal and tactical issues..

WNY doesn't have the high end ranges you see in other cities across the country. It is probably because the handgun density and difficulty in permitting doesn't supply the customer density.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
There are no ranges in WNY anymore. Wollcotts will not reopen the range from what I hear. Only police and other Leo. That’s just rumor mill so take it for what it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are plenty of ranges around. Some open, some not. Niagara I think is closed permanently. The original owner passed, then the person who took over for him mismanaged the place into the dirt in less than a year. (according to what I have heard. Take with grain of salt) I would be shocked if it reopened.

There is a post right on these forums with a massive list of ranges. It is 10 years old, so many of them aren't around and likely Cuomo did a bunch of them in with his COVID restriction nonsense, but here it is: WNY Gun Ranges List

1 - 8 of 8 Posts