New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oklahoma Terror and Gun Control
By*Jonathan F. Keiler

"Several years ago, after a string of similar lone-wolf terror attacks in Israel were frustrated by private citizens, I wrote*an article*anticipating similar events in the United States. In the Israeli cases, quick thinking off-duty or former soldiers took matters into their own hands, sometimes in the presence of slow-reacting police or security personnel, to put an end to terror attacks. While the United States doesn't have the same percentage of military veterans as Israel, it still *has millions of veterans, and millions of other well-trained and experienced gun owners, target shooters and hunters, who are more than capable, and likely willing, to defend themselves and fellow citizens in the case of a terror attack.*
In states like my own (Maryland) where draconian gun laws both restrict the purchase and possession of firearms, several things may happen, none of which will please the Left.*
First, terrorists of all stripes will likely prefer to target such states with an increasingly disarmed populace.*

Secondly, as such attacks take place, previously indifferent unarmed Americans will wish to arm themselves, only to find government imposed obstacles in their way.* For example, Maryland's recently enacted licensing requirements have already produced a dramatic slowdown in gun sales, and the closing of local gun shops. This no doubt pleases many liberal Maryland politicians.* But for ordinary citizens, particularly young people with families who would rather not see loved ones murdered or maimed, the case for an unarmed citizenry should appear weakened.*

Third, judicial and political action against jurisdictions which impose unreasonable restrictions against gun ownership and carry laws might receive increased popular and judicial support. In just the past couple of weeks, the District of Columbia, under court order, was forced to*enact legislation*permitting some form of self-defense carry for its citizens.*Reluctant D.C. politicians relied in part on Maryland's heavy strictures against concealed carry (which make it virtually impossible to carry a firearm for personal defense) in drafting its new legislation, despite the court's order. Public and judicial unease about such restrictions in an increasingly dangerous environment won't help preserve such anti-constitutional legislation.
For the Left, such scenarios would be a disaster. So while both the mainstream media and Democrat politicians have done their best to ignore or downplay the terror in Oklahoma, you can count on anti-gun hysterics if a private citizen acts in defense against an Islamic terrorist and either fails to end the threat or makes a mistake.* In the bizarre twilight world of Leftist politics, nothing would be better.* But that is not what happened in Oklahoma, and so for now the Left will just pretend that what actually happened didn't."

Link: Articles: Oklahoma Terror and Gun Control

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
The gun grabbers would like nothing better than to have more terrorist attacks on our soil, especially if they use firearms. Can you see it now "See how easy it is for the terrorists to get guns! We need to ban them!!" Bull**** logic of course, but the low-info sheep will eat it up.

Looking at some of my peers (I don't use the word friend) here on facebook who post anti-gun comments it's clear to me that they have no problem with bloodletting. After the horrible accident where the little girl accidentally shot her instructor there were yowls of joy among many grabbers I know. "One less gun nut" is the refrain I heard. Sickening.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The gun grabbers would like nothing better than to have more terrorist attacks on our soil, especially if they use firearms. Can you see it now "See how easy it is for the terrorists to get guns! We need to ban them!!" Bull**** logic of course, but the low-info sheep will eat it up.

Looking at some of my peers (I don't use the word friend) here on facebook who post anti-gun comments it's clear to me that they have no problem with bloodletting. After the horrible accident where the little girl accidentally shot her instructor there were yowls of joy among many grabbers I know. "One less gun nut" is the refrain I heard. Sickening.
Some people, jeez!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts