New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I realized today as I was out shooting my new .22 again. that each time i go out i end up fiddling with the sight adjustments.. now granted most of the fun for me is too shoot a bit then walk to target and see where i hit and make adjustments

So i have some questions... I tried the search function but to know avail..

1) if scope is 1 click = 1/4in 100yrds then if im shooting at 50yards would one click = 1/2in ?

2) start at 25yrds or 50?

3) once sighted if target is farther then dist scope is sighted in at then you would place the Xhair above the intended target to account for drop correct?

4) vice versa : target closer than sight distance place Xhair lower ?

5) binocs or spotting scope?

tips tricks? any help/insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just found an article... eliminated question 1) it states that at 25 yards you would adjust 4x clicks to account for movement.. meaning 2inches at 100 is 8 clicks but at 25 its actually 32 (8x4) this correct?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
If you do a search for your particular gun there may be a formula, like put youir target out at 38 yds and if it is good there it will be good at 100 yds, personally I like to start close, 50 yards, shoot dead center, after first shot, keep gun stationary and adjust scope to where the shot hit, that will get you closer, then adjust as necessary, then move the tartget to 100 and adjust again, I think 100 yards is good for a 22 then figure out how to adjust at 50 yds, have fun

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
If your scope is 1/4in per click at 100yard it will be 1/8 at 50, 1/16 at 25yards Just got in from an Appleseed shooting at 25 meter's to move your shot 1in was 16 clicks Hope this helps you

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Rule of thumb is to start at 50 yards then move to 100.......But if you are using a .22 zero it at 50 yards then compensate from there,once you know where your rifle is hitting at a greater distance you will be gtg !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts