New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Very simple, they need to move to a longer range or fire something with less reach.
And yes large guns might be necessary one day for the security of a free state.
So it might be a useless skill or maybe not. ..never know right?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
"The shell was fired from a 105mm howitzer at the Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show, but the gun range owner insists the historic weapon was safely fired by professionals in a downward projection."

There is a home owner who says otherwise. Somewhere an insurance company is saying WTF?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
"The shell was fired from a 105mm howitzer at the Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show, but the gun range owner insists the historic weapon was safely fired by professionals in a downward projection."

There is a home owner who says otherwise. Somewhere an insurance company is saying WTF?
made me crack up... Could you imagine having to deal with that?... Lol

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Can you imagine the uncomfortable silence when the target was missed! I bet you could have heard a mouse fart.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So from the standpoint of whoever was shooting the howitzer, is that considered a hit or a miss?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Happened on Mythbusters as well. I think they shot a cannonball that hit a car then bounced around inside of a house then shot through another house or somesuch.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Fort Sill has shot rounds out of their boundry before, nobody called for the Government to give up their Howitzers.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
made me crack up... Could you imagine having to deal with that?... Lol
Here's a guy who made sure he paid extra for flood insurance and thought he had everything covered.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
"The artillery shell ... crashed through an exterior wall, hit the ceiling, and damaged another wall while homeowner Gene Kelley and his wife were in another room..."
Fortunately, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire were not home at the time.
The woman firing the howitzer, identified as Paula Abdul, has not been charged.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Better check his reload log book.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Fort Sill has shot rounds out of their boundry before, nobody called for the Government to give up their Howitzers.
Somebody actually launched an artillery rocket (MLRS) into the local Walmart parking lot when the launch vehicle parked 180 degrees off its heading. It was an inert training round, it releases three big steel poles instead of little bomblets. All three pole were just sticking out of the asphalt! No one was hurt but supposedly the battery commander literally crapped his pants when he heard, everyone involved got in big, big trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts