New York Firearms Forum banner

Ohio Cop Appeals Firing Over Run-in with CCW Holder

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Dassarri 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I know cops go through a lot of schit on the streets but this guy has some obvious anger management issues. If he gets mad and looses his objectiveness so easily in what it looks a routine situation, then imagine in a complex situation.
I am not sure what a counsel would say but I think the driver couldd sue him and the state. Maybe this will help to get some traction to to get that BS arbitrary law changed.

as soon as you get pulled over you need to start screaming out loud " I HAVE A CCW PERMIT!!!" ... lol!

#4 ·
Based upon media reports and other accounts I've heard, I agree that he probably shouldn't be a cop. However, he deserves due process just as everyone else does.

If a firefighter in a union shop gets canned for being a jackwagon, he usually has the right to appeal. If a teacher in a union shop gets canned for being an idiot, they too usually have the right to appeal.

The department signed an agreement with the union that determines how these things are handled. The fact that his own union speaks volumes. At this point, it's really only a matter of formality.

#5 ·
I agree with you. Everyone has rights. Also the driver has the right to sue him. He threatened him with "execution" words from his position as representative of the law. I think he was beyond stupid comments, threatening anyone like that. That's what the gestapo used to do, I think we can do way better than that.

#6 ·
The appeal won't get him anywhere, it will just prolong the whole process. Even private corporations (non-unionized) have an appeal process, but there is usually a set of criteria used to determine whether or not an appeal can proceed. I agree that additional charges should have been pressed on the LEO from Canton, he crossed a number of legal boundaries as shown in that video.

#9 · (Edited)
Ohio doesn't allow a police officer to file misdemeanor charges unless the event was witnessed by said police officer
?????

The events were witnessed half way around the world already. ... you tube alone says: 887,206

The Equal Justice Foundation believes:
• Citizens should not be torn from their homes and children in the middle of the night based on nothing more than hearsay.
• Men and women should not be presumed guilty until they can prove their innocence.
• A secret tribunal should not have the power to force a man from his home without notice or hearing.
• Police should not have the right to enter and search a citizen's home without a warrant.
• Citizens should not be imprisoned based only on hearsay.
• Citizens should not be more afraid of the police than they are of criminals.
• A legal system that tolerates perjury and the subornation of perjury can not produce justice.
• Men should not be censured by public officials for crimes they have not committed.
• Men and women should not be made to work as indentured servants or held in thrall to others for acts they have not committed.

We should remind any servants of the law about joining a pledge and to remind any others of the oath they took.

#13 ·
The victim probably doesn't know what the statute of limitations is, his basic rights as a citizen or the difference between misdemeanor and misbehavior for that matter. He didn't look that bright to me but maybe is one of those that just say 'oh I just do not one any trouble' and let others piss all over the constitution.
I agree with you. Case closed!

#14 ·
If this was a "he said / she said" type of thing, sure - give the ex-officer his day in court. But given the audio/video evidence from the dash cam recording system - it's not looking good for the officer. I have the utmost respect for cops, but guys like this have no business "protecting and serving" the public. Respect is a two-way street, and unfortunately for law enforcement, they have to give respect first if they want to get respect back.

#23 ·
Ive only had a couple of run ins with cops while I lived in Ohio. Once for speeding, I was let off and the guy complimented my truck before we parted ways. The second time was when someone broke into said truck and ripped off my stereo system. Had no problems with that officer either. Just my experience.

#25 ·
Personally I think cop is more mad that HE was dumb and him and partner were in the car and looking around and if the guy was a crook he have lead is in head!! Mad at his own stupidity and I'd the driver had talked over him he woulda got and earful too. The driver was destined to lose from the beginning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.