Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I figured it was time to make an intro thread. I'm originally from Cayuga County (Insert 315 joke) which seems to be pretty under represented on this forum. Of course, knowing a lot of people from that area, the internet is a scary place for them. However, I currently reside in Rochester. I'm searching for a career while finishing my masters thesis from RIT.

Personally I only own a Remington 870 at the moment. As soon as funds become available, I want to get into the AR game. Last Friday I received my unrestricted CCW permit from Cayuga County, so all firearm funds are going towards the purchase of a new handgun.

My family has a long history with Ithaca gun, when it was actually in Ithaca. I consider myself fairly knowledgable when it comes to Ithaca's, especially the model 51. My family treats model 51s like pokemon; gotta catch em all. As far as I know, the only Ithaca shotgun we don't own is a 28 gauge New Ithaca Double. My father worked at Ithaca gun for a brief period, my grandfather worked there for over 40 years, primarily as a product manager, and I believe my great grandfather also worked there. I grew up shooting a lot of skeet and occasionally some trap and 5 stand. Since threads are useless without pictures, here you go:

I hope you've enjoyed this post. Carry on

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
lol I can't believe you actually made a post titled "oh hai!"

welcome to the site.

One of my coworkers is into Ithaca's. Or maybe it's his father that is. He bought the engraving templates when Ithaca sold off all of their stuff and still has them I guess.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Welcome. Plenty of 315'ers on this site, myself included.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol I can't believe you actually made a post titled "oh hai!"

welcome to the site.

One of my coworkers is into Ithaca's. Or maybe it's his father that is. He bought the engraving templates when Ithaca sold off all of their stuff and still has them I guess.
Haha Thanks. I had to break up the monotony of "new guy here" intro threads.

Welcome. Plenty of 315'ers on this site, myself included.
Thanks.

Just for clarification, I was more referring to Cayuga County being under represented, at least from what I've seen the short time I've been lurking. I suppose the 315 encompasses a much larger geographical area than my small section of Cayuga County.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Welcome! Nice intro.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Congrats on the permit man!

Good to see you here.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have one foot in onondaga county and one foot in cayuga county. The driveway is in onondaga some of the property is in cayuga

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Great intro and even better family gun history! Cherish that. Well, I guess the joke's on me because I wouldn't even be able to point to Cayuga county on the map ;). Anyway, welcome. Good site here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the site
Welcome! Nice intro.
Thanks guys!

Congrats on the permit man!

Good to see you here.
Myself, Tim the transporter, and possibly Stephen I<3Mullets Burke will probably be coming to see you Saturday.

Welcom to the site.
Welcome!!
Thank you!

I have one foot in onondaga county and one foot in cayuga county. The driveway is in onondaga some of the property is in cayuga
Interesting situation indeed.

Great intro and even better family gun history! Cherish that. Well, I guess the joke's on me because I wouldn't even be able to point to Cayuga county on the map ;). Anyway, welcome. Good site here.
Haha thanks. If you find the lake, finding the county is pretty easy!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
LOL winning!!! It will be good to see you guys!

Steve does like his mullets....

·
Registered
63 Posts
oh hai, welcome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.