·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. Sorry didn't see it. Mods please delete this if you feel its necessary. Also I think atTheWheels post should be moved to firearms in the news. Will get more coverage.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Dan Gross said,
“when you look at this issue in terms of the greatest opportunity to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people and prevent gun violence, background checks are a bigger opportunity to do that.”

Someone should probably tell Dan Gross and Shannon Twatts
that the criminal thugs don't do background checks.
So they don't further embarrass themselves.

Nah, screw that let the scumbags keep putting there feet in their mouths.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Background checks are like "assault weapon" bans. They might, just MIGHT, catch .01% of the 'bad guys' out there. But mostly they only screw over law-abiding citizens.
Will these fanatics permit background checks for abortions? For voting?? How about for getting married??? Or having a child????
After all, the majority of child abuse happens by family members. So you, your spouse, your parents, uncles, aunts, etc., should ALL have to get a background check if you and your spouse decide to have a child. Right? Remember, it's for the children!

Instead of punishing law-abiding citizens whose only goal is to protect themselves, their families, friends, and ways of life, and enjoy a Right enumerated in the Bill of Rights, why not enact stricter punishments for those VERY FEW bad elements?
Oh, that's right, it is because these people are paranoid fanatics. Everyone with the means to defend themselves are immediately an aggressor hell-bent on ending the lives of such peaceful people who only want the best for us.

Only one person knows what's best for me, and that is ME.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
They have a very simple but unfortunatly effective strategy.

They make wild assertions about solutions to the violence problem, then when our side gets enough facts widely distributed enough to refute them they change topics.

I am sure they had some meeting where someone said "People are starting to realize that assault weapons are the same as regular guns, we need a different strategy". So they come up with something else that sounds good if you don't think it through and it will take us years to get the truth about that out too, by which time they will move on to some other aspect.

The truth we need to get out there isn't that their current strategy is a non starter, it is that they are fundamentally dishonest in all their arguments.

Maybe instead of just pointing out the flaws in their current arguments we should be re-iterating all the flaws of all their past arguments, so that people start thinking "well, they've been completely wrong a dozen times, maybe I shouldn't take this recommendation with a grain of salt".

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I doubt they had any level of intellectual conversation.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Background checks are like "assault weapon" bans. They might, just MIGHT, catch .01% of the 'bad guys' out there. But mostly they only screw over law-abiding citizens.
Will these fanatics permit background checks for abortions? For voting?? How about for getting married??? Or having a child????
After all, the majority of child abuse happens by family members. So you, your spouse, your parents, uncles, aunts, etc., should ALL have to get a background check if you and your spouse decide to have a child. Right? Remember, it's for the children!

Instead of punishing law-abiding citizens whose only goal is to protect themselves, their families, friends, and ways of life, and enjoy a Right enumerated in the Bill of Rights, why not enact stricter punishments for those VERY FEW bad elements?
Oh, that's right, it is because these people are paranoid fanatics. Everyone with the means to defend themselves are immediately an aggressor hell-bent on ending the lives of such peaceful people who only want the best for us.

Only one person knows what's best for me, and that is ME.
also, didn't we learn anything from upstate NY? The crazy man was prohibited from owning guns, yet was able to obtain an illegal one. Not only was he able to obtain an illegal one, but the process of obtaining the gun was done LEGALLY with a background check. SAFE would not have done anything to prevent that guy from getting an AR. He simply offered a non-prohibited person $50 to get it for him.

As for SAFE, he just would tell a non-prohibited person to buy him a lower, order a parts kit, and voila. SAFE did nothing to physically prevent him from getting that gun, nor was it really difficult for him.

There is nothing you can reasonably do to eradicate violence in a society. The best possible thing you can do is allow the good people to have the best means of defense from violence.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I doubt they had any level of intellectual conversation.
I think their leadership is cold and calculating, I have no doubt they have a very well thought out strategy. Just because the laws they pass are piss poor at accomplishing the goals they claim to have doesn't mean they don't work very well at accomplishing the goals they actually are pursuing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Background checks sure prevented Thomas Johnson lll from getting a pistol 3 weeks out of prison on parole. Piece of S**T should still be in jail.

FUAC AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts