New York Firearms Forum banner

Official Turkey Count 2012! Post your pics!

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Tim 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's post your pic and details of your hunt!

Here's my first bird. 4" beard with 1/4" spurs. I know it's not much, but it's my first bird. Going back Thursday to bag a true longbeard hopfully!

Didn't have much time to scout so the farmer was a HUGE HELP! I setup within 100 yards of a gobbler! I heard 4 on the roost but I'm sure this jake was quiet. He was 1 of 4. I think there's about 6 more Tom's back there!

Talk about an exciting morning!

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#4 ·
My parents live in Apalachin and I have seen/heard more turkey this year than ever before. Makes me want to start turkey hunting!

#9 ·
Called one in for my Nephew this morning. 1 inch spurs 9 1/2 inch beard, just under 22 pounds. Will post pics when he e-mails them to me. Taking my Daughter out in the morning. Hopefully we will have a good morning. Birds were talking a lot today. Didn't take much calling today they came in fast.

#14 ·
18 posts in a thread for pictures of harvested turkeys and only one photo of a turkey?

#20 ·
Ya, I was hoping for turkey's only which is why I titled it so. Mods, can you make this happen? (no offense to other posts but I'm hoping for only turkeys)

The last two breeding seasons have been hell for our birds. With that said, I haven't seen anything to this effect as of yet. Maybe I'm just one of a few lucky ones...

#22 ·
No turkey's for me this past weekend. Here's just some video from being out and about. Our cabin happens to be at the highest point on our road. So we hunt out back (down a valley) or down front (in a different valley). First part of the video is from down the backside and then you'll see a video from up at the cabin looking down. And from down in the valley looking up. Lots of hill walking :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.