New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's post your pic and details of your hunt!

Here's my first bird. 4" beard with 1/4" spurs. I know it's not much, but it's my first bird. Going back Thursday to bag a true longbeard hopfully!

Didn't have much time to scout so the farmer was a HUGE HELP! I setup within 100 yards of a gobbler! I heard 4 on the roost but I'm sure this jake was quiet. He was 1 of 4. I think there's about 6 more Tom's back there!

Talk about an exciting morning!

Attachments

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Yep just a little East of Appalachin is where I live/fish/hunt.There is alot of birds around here as well but not as many as past years IMO.Which is unbelievable with the easy winter????The bass are schooled up in spawning areas and easy pickens right now,I do not target them though but a few do/are....This was a female that was in faster water which come in after the males make there nests,I targeted the walleye!
My parents live in Apalachin and I have seen/heard more turkey this year than ever before. Makes me want to start turkey hunting!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Nice bird, nice fish, do't know when I'm going to get out for either.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
My parents live in Apalachin and I have seen/heard more turkey this year than ever before. Makes me want to start turkey hunting!
I used to see flocks of them even right across from the house in the fields.You know what im thinking now is that maybe alot/same amount are there,but just didnt need to flock-up due to the lack-of/no snow?If they did not do that it would spread them out and just seem like less.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Congrats! I hope to get out this weekend :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Called one in for my Nephew this morning. 1 inch spurs 9 1/2 inch beard, just under 22 pounds. Will post pics when he e-mails them to me. Taking my Daughter out in the morning. Hopefully we will have a good morning. Birds were talking a lot today. Didn't take much calling today they came in fast.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NICE MIKE! Ya, I found it didn't take much calling either! Good luck with your daughter!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Called one in for my Nephew this morning. 1 inch spurs 9 1/2 inch beard, just under 22 pounds. Will post pics when he e-mails them to me. Taking my Daughter out in the morning. Hopefully we will have a good morning. Birds were talking a lot today. Didn't take much calling today they came in fast.
Where did you go? I'm looking for some place closer than where I've been going.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Where did you go? I'm looking for some place closer than where I've been going.
We were down at our camp in Rushford.

I called one in for my Daughter this morning out in Wheatfield but she got a little jittery and blew it. She tried to make an adjustment for a shot when he was behind a tree but she got busted moving by a couple hens that was with him. It was a good day though, we had a good time and shes looking forward to doing it again. That's what really matters. It was a good hunting lesson for us.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
We were down at our camp in Rushford.

I called one in for my Daughter this morning out in Wheatfield but she got a little jittery and blew it. She tried to make an adjustment for a shot when he was behind a tree but she got busted moving by a couple hens that was with him. It was a good day though, we had a good time and shes looking forward to doing it again. That's what really matters. It was a good hunting lesson for us.
I hope you mean near Wheatfield since you can't discharge a fire arm in Wheatfield.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
18 posts in a thread for pictures of harvested turkeys and only one photo of a turkey?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I hope you mean near Wheatfield since you can't discharge a fire arm in Wheatfield.
You can't discharge a rifle without The proper permit. You can still hunt with a shotgun, hand gun, Muzzle loader or bow in most parts of Wheatfield.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Had three in calling distance but couldn't get them in, get pretty wet too

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya, I was hoping for turkey's only which is why I titled it so. Mods, can you make this happen? (no offense to other posts but I'm hoping for only turkeys)

The last two breeding seasons have been hell for our birds. With that said, I haven't seen anything to this effect as of yet. Maybe I'm just one of a few lucky ones...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts