New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senate website gets 2nd Amendment wrong, critics say | Fox News

"Does the Second Amendment guarantee an individual right to own guns? The Supreme Court has ruled that it does. But you might be confused if you visit the official Senate web page on the Constitution, which says only: "Whether this provision protects the individual's right to own firearms or whether it deals only with the collective right of the people to arm and maintain a militia has long been debated."

Honest mistake I'm sure.;)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm keeping an eye out for this kind of stuff in my sons' school books.
God knows the parents will have to be guardians of the truth on this subject b/c if a student utters "gun" they will likely be taken to a padded room, restrained, and be forced to "speak" to some dingbat school psychologist.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Interesting. I would also like to ask which other Right in the Bill of Rights pertains to "collective rights" and not individual rights?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The Senate is usually wrong on everything else with regards to the Constitution, common sense, patriotism, effective legislation, failing to read bills they vote yes on, etc.

Par for the course that they'd get the 2A wrong.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
God knows the parents will have to be guardians of the truth on this subject b/c if a student utters "gun" they will likely be taken to a padded room, restrained, and be forced to "speak" to some dingbat school psychologist.
This is why we homeschool. Even private schools are often on the wrong side of the 2A, unfortunately. The public schools are marxist indoctrination centers.

We opted to not have to ride shot gun over our kids education in a public school and kept them at home. Probably the best decision we've made in over 13 years of marriage!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Okay, lets cover our bases. Make this the "nyfirearm and militia.com"! We are all now, good to go!
Robin

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The SENATE can debate the 2a all they want off the people's time. How about you do what we pay you to do?
Oh...and just try to limit the 2a to mean what you want it to. Go for it...

·
Registered
968 Posts
The SENATE can debate the 2a all they want off the people's time. How about you do what we pay you to do?
Oh...and just try to limit the 2a to mean what you want it to. Go for it...
Everything on the internet is true, so once the general public gets used to the verbiage they win. They are getting there, slowly but surely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts