1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Another Travon case in the making?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Breaking the law. . . . . check (selling drugs)
Run from the police. . . . . check (ran 12 blocks and hid in a housing project)
Ignored police when they tell you to show them your hands. . . . . check (making sudden movements with something in your hand)
And all of this after there is a report of a dealer with a gun in a crap hole of a neighborhood where shootings are commonplace.
This "kid" had more then enough chance to say "crap they got me, let me go through the system. I'll be out before the ink dries"
Nope he played the game and lost Oh Well one less POS on the streets to poison the next generation.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Breaking the law. . . . . check (selling drugs)
Run from the police. . . . . check (ran 12 blocks and hid in a housing project)
Ignored police when they tell you to show them your hands. . . . . check (making sudden movements with something in your hand)
And all of this after there is a report of a dealer with a gun in a crap hole of a neighborhood where shootings are commonplace.
This "kid" had more then enough chance to say "crap they got me, let me go through the system. I'll be out before the ink dries"
Nope he played the game and lost Oh Well one less POS on the streets to poison the next generation.
Another statistic on the failed drug war,from a drug that has killed no-one in over the 500 years of known use....Except this guy!!!!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Main issue I have is the officer said gun before he shot then no weapons were found. In the officers defense I can only imagine the stress he was under and probably assumed the person was reaching for a gun and acted a little to quick under the stress.

18 that got shot was stupid in all his decisions.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Another statistic on the failed drug war,from a drug that has killed no-one in over the 500 years of known use....Except this guy!!!!
You're telling me that nobody has gotten cancer from smoking marijuana? The more recent studies that I have seen suggest that a lot of the carcinogenic things found in tobacco smoke are also found in marijuana smoke.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You're telling me that nobody has gotten cancer from smoking marijuana? The more recent studies that I have seen suggest that a lot of the carcinogenic things found in tobacco smoke are also found in marijuana smoke.
then i guess we need to ban cigarettes then huh?

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Yeah, and in the history of time no firearm ever killed anyone either. It what the people who use it do that matters. I guess you're not counting the drug cartel, street gang, accidents from impaired driving or other activities, suicides, etc in your statisics but it seems a little disingenuinous to argue there has never been a single death (except this one) associated with marijuana. /rant

·
6,795 Posts
I think that there has never been a marijuana related overdose death ever. I think marijuana is a gate way drug just like alcohol is. I think cigarettes are probably worse for someone medically then marijuana. I think marijuana has medical uses (getting people to eat who are undergoing chemo as an example and helping with their nausea).

Yes marijuana can be abused and effect peoples decision making which can lead to death. Yes the drug cartels kill over marijuana and it may or may not effect people commiting suicide.

Alot of the same concerns can be applied to alcohol. When alcohol was banned the Mafia (think drug cartels) made a lot of money with illegal alcohol. When they made alcohol legal again the mafias lost their role in the alcohol business.

I guess I just dont see why marijuana is illegal when drinking causes more deaths from overdose, drinking and driving, abuse, and the list goes on with the exception of drug cartels in other countries. But that would go down if marijuana were legalized. Hell the government could take all the confiscated marijuana and store it and test it for safety then legalize it and sell all that stored marijuana and actually make some money.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
USMC, I'm not arguing whether it should be legal or not. I personally don't have a strong preference either way. The never caused a death in 500 years just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm over it, lol.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
You dont see Mexicans on the street peddling cheap beer do ya,would be the same if marijuana was legal.No money going to cartels and alot of Americans would have much needed jobs! If anything its the law itself thats killing more people than marijuana ever did or will...

·
6,795 Posts
USMC, I'm not arguing whether it should be legal or not. I personally don't have a strong preference either way. The never caused a death in 500 years just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm over it, lol.
I know lol. My main point was that I think the it "doesnt cause deaths" was originally talking about overdose. I also agree with what your were saying but then I just got off on a tangent lol. Just think if it were legal then this death would of never happened.

·
6,795 Posts
You dont see Mexicans on the street peddling cheap beer do ya,would be the same if marijuana was legal.No money going to cartels and alot of Americans would have much needed jobs! If anything its the law itself thats killing more people than marijuana ever did or will...
I mostly agree with you lol. Cartels still sell other drugs like cocaine and others.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Jester, I really don't care either way (see post #16). I was reacting to your statement that seemed to me to be totally over the top and unsupported by any facts. Reminds me of thing I read in the newspapers from time to time. Most recently some reporter put out a story that the majority of americans support gay marriage. Maybe the case, but I doubt that is an accurate statement made to push a political agenda. I'm over it, no worries. Carry on....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts