New York Firearms Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
3 weeks for an add, they sent me back a coupon for gun on my permit that I added 8 years ago for a shop that was closed for 5. They added the right gun to my permit card. They wanted me to send it all back with a letter, when I balked at waiting another three fucking weeks they agreed to send out the correct coupon since they had everything required by law on hand.

·
Registered
571 Posts
3 weeks for an add, they sent me back a coupon for gun on my permit that I added 8 years ago for a shop that was closed for 5. They added the right gun to my permit card. They wanted me to send it all back with a letter, when I balked at waiting another three fucking weeks they agreed to send out the correct coupon since they had everything required by law on hand.
Wowwww

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw on a different forum someone states they went down to the office to add a pistol onto their permit. Checking the permit office website it no longer states that the Buffalo office is closed. Anyone have any success with this?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I saw on a different forum someone states they went down to the office to add a pistol onto their permit. Checking the permit office website it no longer states that the Buffalo office is closed. Anyone have any success with this?
Yes it is back open now. Only the downtown office. Not the satellite offices.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Submitted my application today can u guys help wit expectations as how long of a wait for reference calls???

And wat do u guys mean by cashed check were do I find out if they did any of that

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Once they cash the check you gave them, it goes pretty fast after that. Usually takes about 2 months or so for your check to get cashed. Wait times, on averag,e to be approved, have been about 4 months, some people getting theirs as fast as 3 months and few going 5 to 6 months.

Submitted my application today can u guys help wit expectations as how long of a wait for reference calls???

And wat do u guys mean by cashed check were do I find out if they did any of that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Once they cash the check you gave them, it goes pretty fast after that. Usually takes about 2 months or so for your check to get cashed. Wait times, on averag,e to be approved, have been about 4 months, some people getting theirs as fast as 3 months and few going 5 to 6 months.
Permit department received my application on 3/29/21 and cashed my check on 4/19. Pretty quick in my view. It will be interesting how soon my references get contacted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Permit department received my application on 3/29/21 and cashed my check on 4/19. Pretty quick in my view. It will be interesting how soon my references get contacted.
At least 2-3 months from when they received your application. I sent mine in 1/12 and they called 4/12. Should be expecting mine in 2-3 weeks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Does anybody know if a person can use his/her EX spouse as a reference ? Different last names.
Sure you can, but should you? If they say something stupid you're not getting approved. Just be careful. Even some pro-gun people will say things like they don't think you should carry and get you denied. It's happened. Make sure she/he is 100% solid.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts