New York Firearms Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I finally received the letter today- unrestricted. It took 5 months and 2 weeks, but I'm thrilled. Now to buy the gun . . .
congrats! Hate to say it, but your probably at least a month more of waiting to get your pistol, if its already at your FLL. But hey, the longest wait is over!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My son received his target/hunting permit 12/19, (he did not apply for concealed carry) Erie county.

8/17 - Rec'd by PPO
10/14 - Check cashed
10/30 -11/2 - References Called
11/2- Interview
12/19 - Rec'd Permit

Thanks again to James at FTWNY!
Hmm I submitted around the same time as you but I haven't heard anything back.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hmm I submitted around the same time as you but I haven't heard anything back.
It's frustrating but your file has nothing to do with another persons. You could have submitted within 30 seconds of someone else and end up on a completely different timeline. Some towns require files be sent to them, others don't. Your file could have been put in pile A and his was in pile B. There is no set timeline or order to any of this. All you can do is sit back and relax and forget about it. One day you'll have a letter in your mailbox.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My husband and I sent in 2 transactions together - 2 pistol add for him and 5 pistol co-register for me, via USPS Priority. PPO rec'd on 12/28, got both cards back together on 1/9. 12 days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Erie County co-registrant question - I am co-registered to my husbands firearms, can my son also be co-registered (also Erie) to the same firearms? Can you have the same firearms registered to 3 different people, 1 owner and 2 co-registrants?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Erie County co-registrant question - I am co-registered to my husbands firearms, can my son also be co-registered (also Erie) to the same firearms? Can you have the same firearms registered to 3 different people, 1 owner and 2 co-registrants?
Thanks for reaching out. Good question. Yes you will be allowed to add your son as a 3rd registrant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife got her acceptance letter today.

West Seneca, Erie
11/04/20 -Mailed in application
12/30/20 -References/Interview
01/14/21 -Acceptance letter, unrestricted.

71 days total.

Thank you James @ ftwny.com

·
Registered
81 Posts
An update for those keeping track or waiting for an amendment: I just received my most recent amendment and it took 16 calendar days, door to door. Looks like 2 weeks is holding for now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Question for my sister in law. The sheriff has called her and 3 of her references. The 4th reference isn’t calling back and dodging my sister in law about calling. What happens in this case if they can’t get the 4th reference?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Question for my sister in law. The sheriff has called her and 3 of her references. The 4th reference isn't calling back and dodging my sister in law about calling. What happens in this case if they can't get the 4th reference?
Hate to state the obvious, but your sister in law should of chosen her references a little more carefully. Her application will just keep getting put in the bottom of the pile and the Sherrifs will get to it wherever. It may get to a point where this will reflect on the outcome of her application.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Agree. Pick references very carefully. Some people will say yes to your face but not really want to do it. That's what it sounds like is happening here. They will try a few times to reach her and then you'll probably be all done. They may throw the file on the bottom of the pile, they may return it to the PPO and say they need a new reference, or they may even deny you and say they couldn't complete the process. If they do manage to get through to her I'd be worried about her answer to the question about whether she thinks you should be carrying a gun. Sounds like she may not agree with it. If that happens, it will also result in a denial. This is super important. Don't just find 4 people with a pulse and put them down as a reference. You've been warned.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Question for my sister in law. The sheriff has called her and 3 of her references. The 4th reference isn't calling back and dodging my sister in law about calling. What happens in this case if they can't get the 4th reference?
References used to be able to be replaced. Of course it delays things. Not sure what the process is now. Call the pistol permit office and see what they say. Better to replace the reference than Lisa them off trying to get them to connect with the sheriffs and risk the permit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Agree. Pick references very carefully. Some people will say yes to your face but not really want to do it. That's what it sounds like is happening here. They will try a few times to reach her and then you'll probably be all done. They may throw the file on the bottom of the pile, they may return it to the PPO and say they need a new reference, or they may even deny you and say they couldn't complete the process. If they do manage to get through to her I'd be worried about her answer to the question about whether she thinks you should be carrying a gun. Sounds like she may not agree with it. If that happens, it will also result in a denial. This is super important. Don't just find 4 people with a pulse and put them down as a reference. You've been warned.
I thoroughly enjoy the "You've been warned" ending. Chad, why can't you just talk to people in a nice and respectful way?

81 - 100 of 140 Posts