New York Firearms Forum banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
It would make for one hell of a lawsuit. Fired for defending the Constitution? If the vast majority of cops refused to enforce this laws they would be safe though.
It is no lawsuit at all:

"A Policeman has a right to an opinion, but he does not have a right to be a Policeman".

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
You're right but an order that violates the oath you swore is illegal. That's not opinion per say. There are enough LEP's and Sheriffs that have refused to enforce this unjust law that this argument does hold water.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Law Enforcement agencies do not have "gun policies" vis a vis the public. They enforce the law. Your beef, again, is with the politicians. NOT the Police.
Our "beef" should not only be with those that WRITE an unconstitutional law but with those that ENFORCE them as well.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
ok 100,000 patriots flipped the bird to ct when they wanted people to register. now they are "threating" come beat down your door to come take them. they simply need to call their bluff once again and hold the line. stand fast people of the constitution state and remember your rights. hopefullly this wont end in bloodshed

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
People in law enforcement took an oath and when the day comes were they refuse to enforce unjust and conflict with there oath its time to think long and hard. The Sheriffs did just that very quickly, sheriff's are voted in but they have shown support for us the people & the OATH they took to uphold. They could lose their jobs, if they get Voted out next term. The facts are they did not hide there feeling on Safe Act like COWARDS such as the NYS Assembly, Senate, & the NY State Police. The Union is behind the State Police & if all The SS who hide and go with the flow and Enforce Safe Act are Cowards. Keeping there mouth shut and following Orders that go against the OATH they took to uphold, If enough came out in public The Union would have to take a Stance. I Look at them as TWO face Cowards worried about the money & benefits Cuomo's SS, your either with us or against us. The Sheriff's had the balls to come out and have a lot to lose, I Respect that. I am so tired of hearing about the how State police are secretly with us, BS, Cowboy up and say so in public. When the Law comes for our Guns it will be the Cuomo's SS, because they are good at staying neutral like Cowards. Remember this they have & can own what we can't so it does not effect them the way it does us, Cuomo made that clear they are a different class of people than the common man. So why would they F that up, Money, benefits, Above the Law, and perks. That's just the group of like minded people Cuomo needs & wants under his command. The thing that the CT & NY state police have not faced is how far are CT & NY Honest citizen's are going to allow them to break down doors.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Connecticut is a powder keg right now. New York is right on its heels. These times will be historical.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My thoughts on all this!? They start by picking you up while at the grocery store or at Church or driving down the street. Ask you quietly about any AW's you are know to have or had and where are they. You deny you have them and you take a ride to the Station for questioning. Meanwhile they have time for a Judge to get a Warrant for your home. During which time your wife and kids are spread eagle on the yard while they go through your house and search. The press told evil firearms have been found and taken off the streets. (one hypothetical scenario anyways)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
NOT my former agency.
Sorry, my mistake, but my point still stands. NYPD is anti-gun and often goes beyond draconian NYC gun laws. Police agencies on Long Island are enforcing the same state laws as upstate, but more anti-gun. I am not saying that this reflects on all LEO's in these agencies, but if one wants to directly challenge the agency on its policy, that would involve speaking to a uniformed LEO in his official capacity.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I told you I do not like this law, however I do not expect anyone to quit their job over a law that has to be decided in the Courts.
This is the part that drives me nuts. The politicians can pass whatever law they want and we the people have to "be patient and wait for the courts to rule on it" while we are being deprived of our rights and property.

Why are we the ones who have to be patient? Why aren't the politicians the ones who have to be patient and not enforce the law until the courts decide if it's constitutional or not? Seems backwards to me.

I know that's just the way the system is set up, but I can't stand it. The politicians weren't patient in passing it. They rushed through the procedure with an order of necessity. Would it be possible to slam Cuomo with the mother of all civil rights lawsuits if this thing gets overturned by the supreme court? Whether he's in office or not, there has to be some way that we can show politicians that there are actually painful consequences for violating the constitution they swore to uphold.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It may not be worth squat, but if you enforce an unconstitutional law, it is my opinion that you have therefore become a supporter of the law and have placed yourself in the position of enemy of the people. If you are willing to enforce it, you own it. Period. The law slips quietly into history as a failure without those in law enforcement carrying out the will of the ruling class. Whether you like it or not, comparisons to those who carried out the will of the Nazis is valid. Hitler would be a footnote in history had enough people decided NOT to do his bidding, but as we know that didn't happen. I have no faith that much of what makes up LEO's ranks will do anything to stop it this time either........ If you are willing to participate in the raids that are coming, then the blood that gets spilled is ALSO on YOUR hands.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Being deprived of your AR-15 is NOT the same as watching your children being shot and killed.
I don't know, having your door kicked in by paramilitary forces and being hauled off to prison for owning a rifle sounds pretty Fascist to me.

As long as you obey and go quietly, no one gets hurt, right?

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
This is the part that drives me nuts. The politicians can pass whatever law they want and we the people have to "be patient and wait for the courts to rule on it" while we are being deprived of our rights and property.

Why are we the ones who have to be patient? Why aren't the politicians the ones who have to be patient and not enforce the law until the courts decide if it's constitutional or not? Seems backwards to me.

Thats what injuctions are for, to determine the constitutionality of the law before it is applied.

Well thats the way in worked back in the old'n days . But who cares about the constitution anyway , Im being serious , nobody in Albany can give two fks if your rights were violated or not .If it takes spilling blood for cuomo to get his way he will. He doesnt give a fk about the people or officers .

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I don't know, having your door kicked in by paramilitary forces and being hauled off to prison for owning a rifle sounds pretty Fascist to me.
QUOTE]

No it doesnt sound like it . it is .

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
It may not be worth squat, but if you enforce an unconstitutional law, it is my opinion that you have therefore become a supporter of the law and have placed yourself in the position of enemy of the people. If you are willing to enforce it, you own it. Period. The law slips quietly into history as a failure without those in law enforcement carrying out the will of the ruling class. Whether you like it or not, comparisons to those who carried out the will of the Nazis is valid. QUOTE]

""The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed""

The supreme court says that kicking in your door ,throwing your wife on the floor Kneeling on your neck searching your house confiscateing your guns arresting you for guns which have always been legal , is not really an infringement .

Its not an infringement because the supreme court ,which is where the authority is derived from ,says its not an infringement.

It has nothing to do with the reality of what it is. A home invasion by the state and a violation of law.

Those who ask to be left alone are are extremists, terrorists , crazy, wackjobs.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My thoughts on all this!? They start by picking you up while at the grocery store or at Church or driving down the street. Ask you quietly about any AW's you are know to have or had and where are they. You deny you have them and you take a ride to the Station for questioning. Meanwhile they have time for a Judge to get a Warrant for your home. During which time your wife and kids are spread eagle on the yard while they go through your house and search. The press told evil firearms have been found and taken off the streets. (one hypothetical scenario anyways)
By the time they do that for 100,000 people the civil war will be over.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Seen this on a FB post

We have reports that CSP have tried to enter some homes without warrants to search for firearms and were told to get a warrant and come back with a warrant signed by a judge. After several futile attempts to gain entry without a warrant, the CSP reluctantly departed.
Has anyone here heard of this going on ? Any way of confirming BS or not ?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
You are never required to answer any questions from a LEO. In a Terry stop if you refuse to ID yourself, all they could do is arrest you to determine ID. But they still wouldn't get any info out of you unless you talk. DON'T TALK in this situation. Ask for a lawyer and call one right away. It is your own statements nine times out of ten that the police later use to get a search warrant or to obtain evidence (even your admission) to use against you. Most people convict themselves and it is the talkers that almost always get caught and not the smart quiet ones that don't get scared by their BS tactics and lawyer up.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts